I got a hurricane for my birthday...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ophelia came to visit!

Last night, the first signs started, with some ominous clouds:

Which ended up turning into a nice sunset:

And today, just in time for my birthday, the rains started. Absolutely coming down in sheets:

It's been kind of fun watching the rain and the wind, I hope any monkeys who are closer to the coast are safe and their houses/properties are okay.

Fortunately, I got the sixth season of the Simpsons for my birthday from my girlfriend's parents, so I've had some entertainment :thumb:

We're supposed to get several more inches of rain over the next two days, and heavy winds. Any monkeys getting hit harder by this?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Happy Birthday bv!!!

Glad to hear you're in a safe spot. CNN this morning was saying most of the coast's beaches had large sand dunes at the edge of them and that they didn't think the storm surge would get that high. So hopefully for the most part everybody's safe and its damagefree.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Happy birthday, stay dry man. For my 16th birthday I got the LA Riots, now that was sweet!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
Gettin' old man, gettin' old.

So what birthday is this for you? 47? ;)
Dude, you ain't foolin'. Some young goddamn hooligans kicked my walker out from underneath me on my way to get the mail today :angry:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I'm two hours west from binary and not a drop of rain.

You're now "initated" into N.C. culture. Congratulations! :p

Now get out and find some BBQ---nice and greasy. :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I Are Baboon said:
Happy Birthday, BV! Looks like your hurricane birthday telegram isn't going away anytime soon.

More pics.
Funny thing is, last night it dried up and we haven't gotten a drop of rain since. It was supposed to start up again last night around 10:00 or so, but it never did.

Wind is still here, rain is supposed to be here soon, I'll take more pictures when it starts up again :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! Got a few nice things, some cards, phone calls, IMs, emails, etc.

Now if only my new DVD burner didn't reboot my computer every time I plug it in... :think:

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
binary visions said:
Any monkeys getting hit harder by this?
My power just was restored. Been without 'lectricity for about 18 hours. We got pretty hammered, lots of trees down, lots of flooding, not sure if any lost their lives (pray not). Spent a number of hours last night dealing with my girl's leaking roof (new and improperly installed, but that's another story).

This was a but a little fart compared to what hit Nawlins.