Quantcast

i got a job, i am now a........

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
fly fishing guide and instructor. How dope is that? i think i now have one of those jobs that lots of people dream about having. I will be working for a company called NL Wilson but i will be doing most of my work on the property of the biltmore estate. yaaaaaaaay. i got hired on the spot at the job interview. the icing on the cake is that it pays better than my job that i had at the cell phone company and i will now be able to stay in Asheville. I wont be on RM much during the day. i start monday morning.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good on ya, biggie!!

I was hoping you would "Hook" up with that job. Now if you could see your way clear towards finding me a few hidden spots on the biltmore Estate.....that'd be juuuuust fine!! :D

Congrats!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Greyhound said:
Good on ya, biggie!!

I was hoping you would "Hook" up with that job. Now if you could see your way clear towards finding me a few hidden spots on the biltmore Estate.....that'd be juuuuust fine!! :D

Congrats!!
werd dawg. i'll see what i can do. i am headed out for my first day in about 20 minutes. the guy that is heading up the program pulled a 10 pound bass out of the lagoon 2 weeks ago.

the only drawback is ill be doing a lot of weekends. but thats ok.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
biggins said:
I wont be on RM much during the day. i start monday morning.
AAH HAAA... there is a god!!!

er, I mean - congrats man. My cousin did that for a few years in wyoming... said it was a pretty kick ass job.

zod

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
G-County, NC
Congrats Ben.....from one fly fisher to another. Having the Biltmore property as your cubicle ain't to shabby either :thumb:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good luck on the new job, sounds much better than the old one. The majority of the people I know who got laid off or fired in the past few years ended up at jobs they liked much more. I just need to get fired and hope I fall into that basket.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
T-Pirate said:
You know the house from the movie Richie Rich?

yep.

A big Vanderbilt Mansion in Asheville, real touristy. Rivers and all run through the property.

there's a super-expensive hotel there now too - rooms go for around 300-500 bucks a night! i think biggins might have the added job perk of working with hot rich girls...just a thought.
oh and his work vehicle is a landrover discovery.
needless to say i am wondering why i bothered with college just to wind up in a job i don't like...and biggins is cavorting on the vanderbilt grounds.
very nicely done. :love:

J

JRB

There certainly were some catchy puns in this thread. I hope nobody got demoted and cried so you could have this gig.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so my first day was cool. we sat around and did paperwork for a little while then drove around the estate and checked out the locations where we are going to be doing the lessons. then we went downtown to get our ID badges, went back to the main pond where the lessons are going to be tought and sat around in a field going over curriculum then went to lunch. after that we went back to the pond, decided it was a good day for fishing so thats what we did. we fished the main lagoon which is an enourmous pond that has 2 big islands in it. we fished from our hand built mahogony and teak drift boat. i cought 4 good sized bass, 2 really big crappie, and a sandwhich sized bluegill. we are going to have access to several rivers for the float trips as well as 2 ponds and a lake. one pond is called the "bass pond" and hasnt been fished in about 60 years. we have 2004 land rover discoveries as a work vehicles that we drive our clients in.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dh girlie said:
HAHA! Nice.

Congratulations. What is the Biltmore estate? Hotel owners in Tahoe? :confused:
the biltmore estate is the largest home in the country. it was built by the vanderbilts. it is also where the first forestry school in the country was started. it is a worldwide tourist attraction as well.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
biggins said:
so my first day was cool. we sat around and did paperwork for a little while then drove around the estate and checked out the locations where we are going to be doing the lessons. then we went downtown to get our ID badges, went back to the main pond where the lessons are going to be tought and sat around in a field going over curriculum then went to lunch. after that we went back to the pond, decided it was a good day for fishing so thats what we did. we fished the main lagoon which is an enourmous pond that has 2 big islands in it. we fished from our hand built mahogony and teak drift boat. i cought 4 good sized bass, 2 really big crappie, and a sandwhich sized bluegill. we are going to have access to several rivers for the float trips as well as 2 ponds and a lake. one pond is called the "bass pond" and hasnt been fished in about 60 years. we have 2004 land rover discoveries as a work vehicles that we drive our clients in.
Ya that sounds like a tough day. :rolleyes: You should save this so in (whatever time) you get pissed about your job or something you can look back at this and then :nuts: for complaining.

Nice gig.

Is it April yet?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
biggins said:
....You make me sooooo angry. :eviltongu

The suck-level on my job just went up about 3 notches. Catch me a bigun, biggins!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Well you have about the coolest job in the world. Maybe I'll book a trip to come down and have you teach me a lesson sometime!!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well, im done working for the day and back home. gotta clean the place cause bigginsis is coming into town. today we tought the each other sections from some books that we were assigned and then went out and casted some. It was snowing sideways and kinda cold but whatever. the most excitement we had today was when our boss took a crap and stopped up the toilet, it was awesome.

tomorrow we will be receiving all the gear for the program and spending time in the drift boat fishing learning how to control it on moving water.

wow tomorrow is gonna be a heinous day.

did i mention i get paid for this?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Congrats Biggins.

That sounds pretty choice. I hear that Biltmore has some pretty cool places that regular folks don't get to see. My wife has quite a collection of deer antlers she picked up from when she used to have free roam of the place. Now's the time they start dropping. Just look around the edges of the fields. Since there's no hunting there you'll find some huge ones if you look.

EDIT: Does UNCA need a chemistry professor?