Quantcast

I got a new book, finally!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Well, I normally don't read alot, but I have a new interest in 50 Cent(Curtis Jackson). I want to get in to see "Get rich or die trying". I went out today and bought "From Peices to weight" and have only read the first few pages, but so far it seems well written and interesting. Anyone else?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ThePriceSeliger said:
Well, I normally don't read alot, but I have a new interest in 50 Cent(Curtis Jackson). I want to get in to see "Get rich or die trying". I went out today and bought "From Peices to weight" and have only read the first few pages, but so far it seems well written and interesting. Anyone else?
I read White Fang recently by Jack London. Excellent book.

You should read more.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ThePriceSeliger said:
I need to read more, but the problem is, finding a book that keeps me interested. Tom Clancy books are good, but the book is real good.
Just go into one of the threads of book suggestions, pick a couple, head to the library and see if you like them. You're not likely to like them all, but just start reading some.

15 years from now you'll probably realize that you're not going to live long enough to read all the great books that are available.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
Slide into a little Douglas Adams for an easy start, then pick up some Tom Robbins. Terry Pratchett is fun if you have an absurd sense of humor. I'm reading PJ O'Rourke's "Eat the Rich" right now. It's a little strange, but entertaining.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
jdschall said:
Skared: Read his short stories... You'll love them (RE: the backpacking thread)
I always liked "To Build a Fire." Had to read that in high school a few times. If you've ever been really really cold and had some actual danger involved with it, you can certainly relate to that one (I shiver whenever I think about my experience backpacking in Denali :dead: ). Never got too into London, though. Stories couldn't pull me in too well.

Although I don't read too much now outside of schoolwork (which I enjoy mostly, so it's no big deal) and I have little interest in 50cent, I recommend trying to branch out. Lately, if I just need something to pick up and get some enjoyment out of, I will go to Tom Perrotta (although now I have read all of his stuff....). Sometimes I read Stephen King if I am in the mood. Mostly stick to non-fiction, though.