Quantcast

I got a new dog!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path

Besides getting the flu this week :mumble: , I got a new dog! My gf runs the Humane Society animal shelter so we have had several dogs stay at the house, but this one was a keeper.

7-8 yr old, female, red-nose pitbull. She was a surrender, so we knew her background (and it was very positive). The family had children and other dogs.

No aggressive behavior at all, good off leash (at least around the yard. In public for her saftey = on leash), and a couch potato most of the day.

The true test was passed, as she puts up just fine w/ our Dachshund who is an asshole to every living thing.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
she's not about to let anyone near those daffodills.

nothing better than rescuing an animal from a shelter.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Rockland said:
The honourable shire reve Alvin Valkenheiser :rofl:

can't remember the name of the movie, but isn't the one with C. Chase and they get busted speeding through a backroad in NJ in a M6 or 7 series bmw?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
DVNT said:
can't remember the name of the movie, but isn't the one with C. Chase and they get busted speeding through a backroad in NJ in a M6 or 7 series bmw?
Yup. Nothing But Trouble. I had to finaly get it on dvd. I'll laugh out loud at it.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Great looking pooch, and good for you with the rescue. My girl does some volunteer animal stuff here in SF and it drives us both nuts to see people go out and buy pets when so many are waiting for homes.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
hahaha. when i got my dog, i got the flu at the exact same time. first puppy and the flu was quite an adventure. dogs are awesome.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
What a sweet pooch! How old is Kibby? How much does he(?) weigh? I'm just wondering...

BTW, I love that movie. I, too, own the DVD.