Quantcast

i got a new helmet

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin

yea for Giro E2s. and don't be fooled, that red pops. like, red chrome, if you will.

and and and, i got a new saddle.

yea for WTB Rocket V Teams.

more importantly, yea for LBS sales.

and my girlfriend went back to her internship, so now i'm sad. i'm gonna go drown my sorrows in reheated pizza.

J

JRB

I have a rocket V and it feels flexy. I like my E2 though. The saddle is comfy, but I feel it flex out on the nose.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I just picked up a Pneumo last week to replace my 3 year old exodus that had gotten lost. $100 bucks for the thing, so stinking light!

Nice saddle too.

The Ito

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
loco said:
I have a rocket V and it feels flexy. I like my E2 though. The saddle is comfy, but I feel it flex out on the nose.
Bear mentioned the butt-cup on the back of the Rockets bothered him. i looked at my Aliante and noticed a slight one. i love my Aliante, so i'm hoping the Rocket V will feel similar. this'll be only the 5th saddle i've spent real time on, so i hope it all goes well.

the E2 sits a little higher on my head than the Pneumo i have, but it feels really snug. like, a good snug, not tight snug. i have a problem, it seems, hitting my head on low branches. hope the E2 doesn't magnify that.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
the Inbred said:
Giro has no crash replacement policy? for some reason, i was thinking they had a small one.
Their website says they do, but it seems kinda-not-so-great. They say to send the helmet in with a little description about what happened, and you may qualify for credit towards a new one.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
the Inbred said:
Giro has no crash replacement policy? for some reason, i was thinking they had a small one.
Yeah, I didn't really care so much about the crash replacement. I got something of a deal on the helmet from the shop I used to work at. Plus, in my experience, Giro/Bell is a pain to deal with. I had a bad experience EPing a helmet from them. I needed a hemlet ASAP to keep riding.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Bell/Giro has a crash replacement policy, for $35, but a shop has to do it for you.

E2 is nice, and I have a X-Ray. I think fancy helmets are overrated. I am going to get a $50 helmet, like the Ukon and use it most of the time. I went riding at Rockville and I was worried I would take a fall and break my fancy helmet.

Even the Xen is overrated. You could use the Bell Metro and get about the same level of protection for half the cost.