Quantcast

I got a new job!!!

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
So for those of you that saw my recent one about going in for an interview...I got that job! I now work for CMC Rescue and have a job I think I'll love!! Soooo beyond excited and I put my two weeks notice in today at Best Buy...so long retail!!!

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Steal everything you can. I need speaker stands if you get around to it.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
A decent amount of time working retail is good for your soul. I am willing to bet that now after working retail when you go somewhere else other than your job, you are alot more understanding of the people working.....

Good job on moving on, never easy to get that going.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I hated working retail (did a stint at Home Depot in college) but as mentioned it's good for your soul. Even if it is a crap job with wacky hours it teaches good customer service skills for the future. Good luck in your new position.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks guys! I don't have my start date yet because we're waiting for the background check to come back but I already signed the paperwork there for tax forms etc. so it's official.

I will be working with the manufacturing and shipping of the products they make. Pretty excited because I am getting started at what I am currently getting paid, plus a bonus after 6 months and the more I get done the more my hourly wage goes up. My schedule will be set where two weeks I work 8-5 and the next two weeks 7-3:30!

Already knowing I'll be off every weekend now, I ordered my season pass to mammoth and think a camper shell is in order for my truck. But yeah...SUPER excited! It's not the most glamorous job with that company but there's tons of room for advancement with that company.

And yes, ignore my spelling...I suck.