Quantcast

I got a new Santa Cruz Heckler!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I saw the word "Santa" in the title and was like ARRRRGGG!!!!

:D

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
BurlyShirley said:
Nice bike. Good luck not breaking your sternum on the steerer.
I don't plan on crashing. hehe. I've run a few bikes with the longer steertubes without any problems and it's better when I plan to sell the fork.

DRB said:
NOT taking a pot shot at your build but I was wondering about why you choose the air shock over the coil especially with the Sherman.
Weight reduction and it's easier to resell the frame with an air shock.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Carbon Fetish said:
I don't plan on crashing. hehe. I've run a few bikes with the longer steertubes without any problems and it's better when I plan to sell the fork.
Why do people always bring that up? In my years of cycling, road, DH and XC, I have never slammed myself into the steerer. Besides, if it's not a bit of steerer tube that's there, it's the edge of the stem. Can't be much better, can it?

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Carbon Fetish said:
Good luck, I had the 5th Air shock and it continously pushed the bushings out. :mumble: :mumble: . However I had one of the early ones and SC,Progressive and my LBS did me right by upgrading me to the coil for free. :thumb: :thumb:

Great bike though. Cool build color with the gunmetal grey and the urban camo fork. :cool: :cool:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
BurlyShirley said:
Nice bike. Good luck not breaking your sternum on the steerer.
:think: Yeah or it just makes it easy to swap it to a different frame when you want.............oh but that would be logical.

Nice bike BTW. :thumb:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Carbon Fetish said:
The sherman seems like a heavy fork compared to some (Vanilla, Minute)..... again I'm just asking...

Did you ride it with the coil? Oh probably not as it is a new build.

I've been toying with the idea of getting an air shock as well and switch between the two depending on where I'm riding.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
JRogers said:
Why do people always bring that up? In my years of cycling, road, DH and XC, I have never slammed myself into the steerer. Besides, if it's not a bit of steerer tube that's there, it's the edge of the stem. Can't be much better, can it?
Ive done it into my stem pretty badly when my chain broke on my SS. Luckily the stem height was about level with the bars so I only got bruised up a bit, but that protrusion of death would easily have broken a rip or my sternum.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
DRB said:
The sherman seems like a heavy fork compared to some (Vanilla, Minute)..... again I'm just asking...

Did you ride it with the coil? Oh probably not as it is a new build.

I've been toying with the idea of getting an air shock as well and switch between the two depending on where I'm riding.
I liked to travel adjustment features on the firefly sherman over the u-turn like minute, black, talas, etc. I love the urban camo so, I'm guilty of being a fashion whore. :D I haven't ridden the bike with a coil but I might if I can get my hands on one.

dh girlie said:
Is that the flat gray or the anodized?
Its the powder coat. My co-workers got a sliver ano heckler and gunmetal ano juliana.

J

JRB

Carbon Fetish said:
I liked to travel adjustment features on the firefly sherman over the u-turn like minute, black, talas, etc. I love the urban camo so, I'm guilty of being a fashion whore. :D I haven't ridden the bike with a coil but I might if I can get my hands on one.

Its the powder coat. My co-workers got a sliver ano heckler and gunmetal ano juliana.

What size shock??? There were some cheap Vanilla RCs last week. What kind of travel adjust is on there???