Quantcast

I got a new toy!

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
I pulled it out of the box and THIS was what I started with.

Only a few problems. One tire had a puncture in the tube, and the wheels were HORRIBLY out of true.

After I got the tube patched and the bars attached, it went on the stand. Trekkie is in the background awaiting it's new Fox fork.

I trued the rear and part of the front, but the spoke nipples are so frozen, a couple stripped out. It's not bad though...rideable. I also had to adjust the derailleurs. And it IS a triple, but the Tiagra shifters are double only, so I'm using the middle and large ring.

Finally all done, and ready to go out and test it.

The verdict is....Very nice. It's a steel frame, alloy fork, Tiagra shifters, 105 rear, sora front, and Sora brakes. Some upgrading is DEFINITELY in the future.

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
wow, that's what fuji uses for packaging... nice build though, looks like you did good except it looks like there are no cable end caps and the front derailluer cable is too long. JK givin' you a hard time.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
aggrorider said:
wow, that's what fuji uses for packaging... nice build though, looks like you did good except it looks like there are no cable end caps. JK givin' you a hard time.
Nah, previous owner. And I had no end caps in my toolbox, so that'll have to wait.

And it even came with some extra parts. Some look pedals, an aerobar, and spare sora shifters and rear dereailleur.

aggrorider

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
robdamanii said:
Nah, previous owner. And I had no end caps in my toolbox, so that'll have to wait.

And it even came with some extra parts. Some look pedals, an aerobar, and spare sora shifters and rear dereailleur.

I had a feeling that was it. Still good job makes me think non-bikeshop workers can actually do a good build. (nothing intended towards you)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Thanks!

The previous owner was an idiot. The derailleurs were WAY off, the front derailleur was not even clamped on straight, the wheels needed truing....

And the wheels will need rebuilding or replacing this winter. But for the price....I can't complain.