Quantcast

I got hit by a drunk driver last night......

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
.....And he ran off as soon as the truck he had stolen came to a stop. :mumble:

It was pretty low-speed. Around 30 mph. I saw the bugger look right at me as he pulled out in front of me at the intersection. He left his passenger in the dust, as she tried to run as well, but was caught a few minutes later. My fiance was with me at the time. Her side took the brunt of the hit, but she says she feels OK today. No airbag deployment.....just a pretty soft impact for how much damage it did. I saw his rear wheel go flying by me as he hit me. My truck was a 2003 Toyota Tacoma, and the one he had stolen was a 2004 Dodge Ram. No small truck by any means, but it has Toyota tattooed across the front now!!

I'm just glad we're OK. Both of us were pretty shaken up, and called some friends to come pick us up and take us home. I loved my truck, and it's gonna be weird not having it, but I'm just glad we weren't hurt or anything worse.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
WOW that sucks, so the guy didn;t get caught? he just drove off? I would report him to the feds or take the law into my own hands if that happened.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Thanks everyone.........the guy didn't drive off, though. He RAN off into the woods, or something. Crazy, huh? His passenger, who claimed to be "just a hitch hiker" tried to get out and run too, but her back was hurt, and she couldn't make it too far before she was caught. I'm on my way over right now to check out the truck.....I'll try and get some pics uploded this evening so y'all can check it out.

On a sidenote: My body feels like I was put in a tumble dryer for about two hours. Ouchie.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Wow - good to hear you weren't seriously hurt. I assume you got the cops involved and all?

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
That sucks. Same thing happened to me except the woman went straight to a bar and started drinking. Because she had been drinking after the accident they couldn't administer the test. No drunk driving charge.

Then she blew the cop (I'm about 95% sure) and she got off with no charges.

I did get the cop fired, but it was a real mess.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Jody -- man, what a freakout I had when I read the title. I'm stoked you and the little lady are alright. Friggin' drunks -- don't give a damn about anyone but themselves (I know 'cause I used to be one :dead: ). Anyway, glad you're okay.

Oh, and belated congrats on the engagement. :thumb:

bill

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
wow
good to hear you're not hurt bad. 30mph is still pretty fast.
they should buy you a new truck.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Wow glad to here you where not hurt ,and I bet both of your G/F and your parents are to ,and for the moron DD shoot them this will keep things better for us non-drunken drivers :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
You have whiplash, and you need money to ease your pain and suffering. Nothing bugs me more than BS lawsuits, but drunk drivers deserve it.