Quantcast

i got my car!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
'96-'99 pathfinders had one engine, 3.3L SOHC V6. 170 hp, kinda anemic (i have one) up high. it'll do :thumb:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Cool. You wanna drive to Ocean Beach and get that cruiser you were gonna buy for your GF? I'm back from New Zealand...

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I thought I was a good driver too, until my daughter was born. Then I realized how utterly stupid, hot headed, impulsive, reckless and out of control I really was.

Congrats on the new purchase though. It's lookin' better than my first car, a 65 Rambler American 440 Hardtop. It had a 232 inline 6 cylinder with a little tiny carb, the 3 speed automatic was nice too, unless you forced a shift to first you'd accelerate from a dead stop to about 40 miles an hour in second gear, I maxxed it out at about 65 going down hill with a tailwind, it still had the factory AM pushbutton radio with a single speaker in the center of the dash and all 4 hubcaps. I was looking last night and couldn't even find a picture of that year and model Rambler. It was fun while I was in highschool, but you couldn't drive it in the rain because the old drum brakes wouldn't work when they got wet, you couldn't drive at night because the headlights were too dim to really see anything and the windshield was so old you could barely see out when an oncomming vehicle's lights hit you, obviously you couldn't drive on the freeway because of the top speed and pitiful acceleration, I never got to do doughnuts in the highschool parking lot because it wouldn't spin the wheels on anything with more traction than ice, most importantly I never rolled it, because it handled so poorly it was impossible to get sideways enough to roll over. My parents sold it right after I graduated and I got to drive my dad's nissan truck. He's still driving that truck now, with over 230,000 miles and all he's ever done is change the oil and put gas in it.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
For a hitch rack, I would actually recommend just getting a cargo carrier - the 2x4 steel mesh trays for carrying stuff - and building somthing that sits in it. I have a little 2x4 frame that I toss on the back of my cr-v's cargo deal and it works great. Holds 2 bikes right now, but I think I can squeeze another row in the middle, plus I have room for at least 2 more on the roof.
Sound's excellent, drive safe. Crashing sucks hard, but unforunatly it is somtimes the only way to learn to pay attention. I found that out the hard way.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Spitfired said:
Crashing sucks hard, but unforunatly it is somtimes the only way to learn to pay attention.
Ummmmmm...no? Paging Mr. Darwin. Mr. Darwin, you are needed at the front register...