Quantcast

I got my first paycheck today!!!!!(new job)

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
woot woot!!! i wash dishes at an upscale resteraunt, and i get 7.35 an hour plus a dollar in tips per hour. 37.75 hours later ive got $275 bucks in my hands after tax....

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I just want to thank you ! as an old crusty F@$&er, I appreciate you paying into the social security that I plan on collecting.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
That doesn't seem right at all. I do payroll for guys that work for 8.50 an hour, and after 40 hr weeks they usually walk home with $750ish sometimes more never less.

It sounds like you're being owned by you're employer!

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
scurban said:
That doesn't seem right at all. I do payroll for guys that work for 8.50 an hour, and after 40 hr weeks they usually walk home with $750ish sometimes more never less.

$8.50 x 40 is no where near $750. Glad you are not doing my payroll.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Upscale in Spokane? Must be the Cinnabon at the mall! Tomato Street? Just kidding, welcome to the workforce, dont spend it all in one place, even though you probably will. (Bicycle Butler? What is the cool DH place in town?)
As an aside, my big bro started as a dishwasher, and 20 something years later he is a big shot chef, making more money than he knows what to do with. Just goes to show what actually showing up to work will do for you...

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
scurban said:

Um... no. :think: Maybe you're adding an extra digit? $750 (before tax) a week is $18.75 and hour. To come home with $750 I'm pretty certain they'd have to be making more than $20 an hour.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
JohnE said:
Upscale in Spokane? Must be the Cinnabon at the mall! Tomato Street? Just kidding, welcome to the workforce, dont spend it all in one place, even though you probably will. (Bicycle Butler? What is the cool DH place in town?)
As an aside, my big bro started as a dishwasher, and 20 something years later he is a big shot chef, making more money than he knows what to do with. Just goes to show what actually showing up to work will do for you...
this is the place... when i work i get free food, or food for cost which is like $5... the food there is quite pricey.
http://www.lunaspokane.com/

bicycle butler is good, but i usually go to wheelsport

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Jimmy_Pop said:
$8.50 x 40 is no where near $750. Glad you are not doing my payroll.

yeah, just re-thought that, we pay every two weeks, so that's 80 hr's + a little overtime.

My bad, that's what I get for posting after a couple of Whiskey's last night.