Quantcast

I got my license

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Well, I passed the driving test today and now have a license one day after my 16th birthday. :D

Now all I need is a car. :think:

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
mcA896 said:
wtf? i had to wait until i was 16 to get my PERMIT, 16 1/2 for license. how old were you when you got your permit?
That is because we live in massachusetts, alot of other states you can get it at 16, like vermont.
My opinion is that they should make both the permit test, and the lisense test Alot harder. So that there is no age requirement, but whenever you can pass the test, you can get your permit/lisense, age has nothing to do with it. We should really be weeding out the dumbasses. Insurence rates would go down, and everyone would be happier.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
lovebunny said:
ive had mine for a month now and so far ive been arrested, pulled over, and been rolled at 2 parties in a row. licenses are evil

You just suck at driving.

I have had my license for 14 months now.

No tickets, No accidents, No being pulled over.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I finally made an appointment with the DMV to take my driving test, so I'll have mine (if all goes well) by next week. I get to drive my parent's old VW hippy van, which is awesome because I can fit my DH bike and a ton of other stuff in it.

I got my permit around 15 1/2, and I've been 16 for a few months. I've been a slacker though.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
chicodude said:
You just suck at driving.

I have had my license for 14 months now.

No tickets, No accidents, No being pulled over.
well same here except for the pulling over thing. the arresting thing was for curfew of all things and the parties were completly my fault. did i mention i got away with all 4 things? im not pushing my luck annny more

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Been over a year now and I still have yet to get a ticket, or even get pulled over. No accidents either.

w00t.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I got my first speeding ticket two days after getting my license. I actually wasn't speeding but got passed by some guy who was, when the police officer looked up from the radar gun he saw me. A case of mistaken identity. Went to court and the oficer dropped the charges after talking to him in the lobby.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
And what do YOU know of safe driving, Mr Carbon Fiber Crusher?

(Is it too soon to joke?)
that's my point: i have pure testosterone coursing through my veins.

:busted:

(the car is officially totaled btw. prolly going to get a miata to replace it come spring to go along with the expedition i'm tooling around in now. with regard to the miata, should i practice my lisp now or later? :D)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
prolly going to get a miata to replace it come spring to go along with the expedition i'm tooling around in now. with regard to the miata, should i practice my lisp now or later? :D)
there goes all of your testosterone...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I've had my license for three years...I've totaled one car, one ticket in said totaling, and been pulled over at least fifteen times...

Never gotten a ticket in those fifteen times. Frigging small town Utah cops.

Chris wrecked something! *points and laughs*

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I've had my license for three years...I've totaled one car, one ticket in said totaling, and been pulled over at least fifteen times...

Never gotten a ticket in those fifteen times. Frigging small town Utah cops.

Chris wrecked something! *points and laughs*
Uh...I got pulled over twice, One time with a ticket when I as going 12 over (77 in a 65) and the time I got off I probably could of gone to jail for all the laws I broke at once.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
No no you got it all wrong ! Stupid driving is what you do in crappy cars ! J turns in a crappy handmedown 4cylinder solara anyone ?
dude. the solara wasn't introduced until, what, 1999? an import, and a mid-level car at that, from 1999ish is not a crappy hand me down in my book.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
No no you got it all wrong ! Stupid driving is what you do in crappy cars ! J turns in a crappy handmedown 4cylinder solara anyone ?
I'd rather be going 115mph in an '05 330ci on a two lane with the top down...

Wee bit more of an adrenaline rush. :biggrin: