Quantcast

I got my P-P-P-P-P-Powerbook today!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
This thing is awesome! the 80 gigs is gonna go quick though.. Better get on that getting an external Drive thing.

But all in all this baby gets my :thumb::thumb:

(I actually had to do a bunch of work on a Powerbook last semester, and thats what made me want to buy one, so this isn't a I've had it for 6 hours and am in love post)(OK, it kind of is :D)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
BigMike said:
Thanks Tosh, but the Gmaill notifier wont be much help, I don't have gmail :)
want an invite? i only have 100 left... :p PM me your current email if you want one

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I honestly don't understand what the big deal is about Gmail. Maybe its because I don't have it, but I have a school address, 4 comcast addresses, 2 hotmail addresses, Is it really worth it to get another Email Addy?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
it'll be permanent. your school one will disappear when you graduate, comcast will disappear when you move somewhere where you don't need/use cable, and hotmail just plain sucks

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Toshi said:
it'll be permanent. your school one will disappear when you graduate, comcast will disappear when you move somewhere where you don't need/use cable, and hotmail just plain sucks
why does hotmail sucks??
i love mine. messenger. 250mb is more than enough for me, and i suscribe to a few msn groups...
what does gmail does betteR?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
1) no banner ads
2) cleaner interface
3) 2+ gb vs 250 mb
4) much less spam/better filtering in my experience
5) keyboard shortcuts
6) message threading

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
listen to toshi, i havent deleted an email in forever...it is so clean, and you can depend on it being there for basically forever...

I think in my 6 months of using it, i have gotten 3 spam mails, and my email addy is all over the place...

563 740

Chimp
Jul 23, 2002
North of Albany
Gmail can also be used with external e-mail programs like Outlook or Thunderbird. I'm not sure if Hotmail can but I know yahoo requires a premium membership for that.

Back on topic, yay for technology! I just picked up a non-Apple laptop but it rocks nonetheless.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
BigMike said:
This thing is awesome! the 80 gigs is gonna go quick though.. Better get on that getting an external Drive thing.

But all in all this baby gets my :thumb::thumb:

(I actually had to do a bunch of work on a Powerbook last semester, and thats what made me want to buy one, so this isn't a I've had it for 6 hours and am in love post)(OK, it kind of is :D)
Jesus, boy! Seems like every time you post you've bought yourself a new toy! Are you getting paid to go to college? ;)