Quantcast

i got pulled over again !!

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i was driving with my girlfriend today around the north part of sussex county (really close to ny) and we wind up just going over the ny border, there were no signs saying we have i just noticed the town name on a store. well im driving along and get to a stop sign. i stopped but not all the way. a minute later i have lights in my rear view and a cop pulling me over. he gives me a warning, and tells me that i am not supposed to be in ny w/ a provisional license. i have searched about it on the internet but i cant find anywhere that it states that is true. i go into ny state all the time, my local bike shop is there and i riding up there too. so is there any truth to this or is it a bunch of hog wash?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
from the NJ DMV website:

You must observe the following requirements and restrictions while driving with a provisional license:

* No driving between 12:01 a.m. and 5 a.m. See GDL Exemptions for exceptions due to employment or religious reasons
* Passengers must be from your household. Only one additional person from outside your household is allowed in the vehicle
* You can't use cell phones, hand held video games or any other hand held electronic device
* Seat belts must be worn at all times
* See GDL Exemptions for hours-related exemptions for employment or religious reasons
http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/EarlyBird.htm

it looks like you can drive in NY unless NY has a specific clause about not honoring another state's provisional license. the only thing you weren't following is the passenger rule...i doubt your gf is a "household member."

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
avoid rolling stops and you won't have any issues with getting pulled over. well, at least it'll be one less reason for you to get pulled over.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
PSP, I tried with my daughter and failed but I'll tell you anyway.

Driving is a priviledge not a right. Know the rules and try to abide by them. Life will be much easier and cheaper for you in the long run.

My daughter has two reckless charges and a DUI. She is working now just to pay for her insurance. She will probably do so until she is in her 30's. (She is 25 now)

This goes to all the young drivers out there in monkey land.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
PSP, I tried with my daughter and failed but I'll tell you anyway.

Driving is a priviledge not a right. Know the rules and try to abide by them. Life will be much easier and cheaper for you in the long run.

My daughter has two reckless charges and a DUI. She is working now just to pay for her insurance. She will probably do so until she is in her 30's. (She is 25 now)

This goes to all the young drivers out there in monkey land.
I hope people read this.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
if he gave me a ticket i would have been fine i did roll the stop. i am happy i only got a warning. i do find it odd that in ny you can get a provisional license at 16.5. with that license you are aloud to drive threw nj as long as your intent is not to stop (ie continue to ny or taking a road threw one part of nj to get to another part of ny). thats the story i got from my friend who lives just over the boarder. it really sucks if i cant drive in ny because of how close i am, I live less then 5 miles and my girlfriend lives ~500 feet

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
if he gave me a ticket i would have been fine i did roll the stop. i am happy i only got a warning. i do find it odd that in ny you can get a provisional license at 16.5. with that license you are aloud to drive threw nj as long as your intent is not to stop (ie continue to ny or taking a road threw one part of nj to get to another part of ny). thats the story i got from my friend who lives just over the boarder. it really sucks if i cant drive in ny because of how close i am, I live less then 5 miles and my girlfriend lives ~500 feet

PSP- You fail at life.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Someone did not learn their lesson on posting threads about being a failure at driving, did they?

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
My mom bought a Miata today, a MX-5. She got pulled over for the first time in years. She was booking damn near 100 mph and didn't notice.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
from the NJ DMV website:

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/EarlyBird.htm

it looks like you can drive in NY unless NY has a specific clause about not honoring another state's provisional license. the only thing you weren't following is the passenger rule...i doubt your gf is a "household member."

you are aloud to have one person from outside your household, as well as one from your house hold. so i am aloud to drive her.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
you are aloud to have one person from outside your household, as well as one from your house hold. so i am aloud to drive her.
You cant dive in NY period

Learner Permits and Junior Licenses From Another State

NYS restricts driving privileges if:

you are under the age of 18 and have an out-of-state driver license, or
you are any age and you have an out-of-state learner permit.

Your lucky the cop was in a good mood, he could have been one that is always hardcore by the book, and impounded your car.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
She bought it from a family friend. It's really nice. Suspension, chipped, wheels, exhaust (doesn't sound like a fart cannon) hard top, tranny ect.
She traded our minivan plus some cash for it.

Pretty zippy little ride. Pics later

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
"You must be age 16 or over to drive in NYS. If you have a learner permit or a driver license from another state, you are not exempt from this rule. Drivers under the age of 18 must obey the restrictions described in the DMV brochure, Learner Permits and Junior Licenses. An out-of-state driver under the age of 18 must also obey all restrictions of the state that issued the driver license."

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

aloud |??loud|
adverb
1 audibly; not silently or in a whisper : he read the letter aloud. 2 archaic loudly : he wept aloud.

allow |??lou|
verb [ trans. ]
1 admit (an event or activity) as legal or acceptable : a plan to allow Sunday shopping | a reservoir with no hunting or overnight camping allowed. • [ trans. ] give (someone) permission to do something : the dissident was allowed to leave the country. • [ trans., with two objs. ] permit (someone) to have (something) : he was allowed his first sip of Scotch and soda. • [ trans. ] permit (someone) to enter a place or go in a particular direction : the river was patrolled and few people were allowed across. • [ trans. ] fail to prevent (something) from happening : I could not believe that we would allow the opportunity to slip away. 2 give the necessary time or opportunity for : they agreed to a cease-fire to allow talks with the government | [ trans. ] he stopped for a moment to allow his eyes to adjust | [ intrans. ] dated my household duties were too many to allow of a visit to the hospital. • [ intrans. ] ( allow for) make provision or provide scope for (something) : the house was demolished to allow for road widening. • [ intrans. ] ( allow for) take (something) into consideration when making plans or calculations : income rose by 11 percent allowing for inflation. • [ trans. ] provide or set aside (a specified amount of something) for a specific purpose : allow an hour or so for driving. 3 [ reporting verb ] admit the truth of; concede : [with clause ] he allowed that the penalty appeared too harsh for the crime | [with direct speech ] “Could happen,” she allowed indifferently. • [with clause ] informal or dialect assert; be of the opinion : Lincoln allowed that he himself could never support the man.

dictionaries are really cool

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Read all the links, and read the links that are attached to those ones as well. Youll findout just how lucky you were. Not stopping, driving in NY with an out of state provisional license, having a passenger under the age of 21......not to mention the first reason you were pulled over in the first place. I would tell you to consider yourself lucky again, but your not going to do that. And of coarse as always, your going to argue that your right, and everyone else is wrong, which will inturn continue to entertain us.

So anyone want to take a Poll as to how long it is before PSP gets his license suspended???