Quantcast

I got Sanchez's DNA results back!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
If I had a mutt I would probably shell out the money for the test also.

I like dogs and think the different charactertics that breed exhibit are interesting. Not strictly just the "I'm a herder, I'm a sight hound, I'm a scent hound" but all the other odd quirks that can be typical of a breed. Therefore I think it'd be cool so figure out the dogs background and research those breeds and see where the pup "fits".

And yes, I sometimes spend way too much time watching Animal Planet shows on dog breeds ;)

Surprised by the "not lab" .... but some hounds can have some "labish" looking qualities so could be that influence.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
If I had a mutt I would probably shell out the money for the test also.

I like dogs and think the different charactertics that breed exhibit are interesting. Not strictly just the "I'm a herder, I'm a sight hound, I'm a scent hound" but all the other odd quirks that can be typical of a breed. Therefore I think it'd be cool so figure out the dogs background and research those breeds and see where the pup "fits".

And yes, I sometimes spend way too much time watching Animal Planet shows on dog breeds ;)
Exactly.
For instance, my dog goes on point when he finds a grouse. Or in other instances, he will tree something and wait at the base of the tree for me to come check it out. He also loves water, and retrieves, but not un-endingly like a lab does. He's intelligent and obedient, but occasionally gets a wild hair and does something nuts.
I just want to know what plays into these things. Certain breeds are known for certain things.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It strikes me that most people here have bikes that are worth ridiculous amounts of money, many times worth more than the cars we drive or other major staples in our lives, and yet BS is getting a bunch of flak for spending $80 to know the origins of a pet - and I hope everyone spends more time with their pets than on their bikes.

I bet if he posted a thread saying he spent $80 on a Thomson Masterpiece seatpost to save a paltry few grams, and posted a picture of it, everyone would be oohing and aahing about how great it was... :p

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Some breeds lick peanutbutter, some bite. It's a good thing to know in advance.
close the contest, folks. we've got our post of the year.

btw, it's funny to see BS get his panties all twisted up w/ the people calling him out for wasting $80 on this. :D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I wonder if BS would have actually found out breed info on his dog would this still be considered a waste? Now that I have read more I can see why BS did it...D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
He looks like a Hungarian Mountain Cohkkhauser. Either that or Ecudorian Bull Moose Cohkkhauser. They are very similar breeds so I am not sure.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Arkayne, I was actually waitng for you to post the .gif of the Maury Povich guy dancing when he found out he was "Not the Father"

By the way mods, can Arkayne get the custom title of ".gif king" yet?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Not that my opinion means much, but I'd say that dog has some Missississippi Leghound in him ... "if the mood catches him right, he'll grab your leg, and just go to town. You don't want him around if you're wearing short pants if you know what I mean. A word of warning though: If he does lay into you, it's best to just let him finish

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Not that my opinion means much, but I'd say that dog has some Missississippi Leghound in him ... "f the mood catches him right, he'll grab your leg, and just go to town. You don't want him around if you're wearing short pants if you know what I mean. A word of warning though: If he does lay into you, it's best to just let him finish
best. movie. ever!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Don't feel bad, it's a Lab. Wave a stick at it and it instantly becomes the happiest creature on Earth.
don't forget a little towel rack action to add to the mystery of "what's behind curtain #1?"

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Dumbasses got it wrong. Everyone knows you never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Why care what's down that trail or around the next bend of the river? Why waste your time looking or caring? It's called being curious.
ah shirly it's all good

just wanted to point out that beer is allways a good choice when investing money. contrary to dna tests ^^

good luck finding out sanchez' heritage

in the end you'll find out his gregreatgreatgreat etc.. mother was one of hitler's dogs or something like that :P

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I bet if he posted a thread saying he spent $80 on a Thomson Masterpiece seatpost to save a paltry few grams, and posted a picture of it, everyone would be oohing and aahing about how great it was... :p
Unless he bought it from SAC. Then he'd get sh!t on.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
F*cken hell Shirley, you could have bought food for 10,000 starving, gay Tibetan whales with that $80. Priorities mate.:think: