Quantcast

I got shut down on Gibralter!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
So my friend John and I go to shuttle Cold Springs in SB this past Sunday and were turned around by the construction guys. Guess they are trying to finish this stuff up without the annoyance of roadies, DHr's and moto guys waiting for them to clear the road :rolleyes:

So if you're planning on shuttling next weekend be aware you might get shut down like I did :eviltongu

So did I ride anyways? Hell yes! A DH bike up Romero :dead: That hurt

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Zark said:
So my friend John and I go to shuttle Cold Springs in SB this past Sunday and were turned around by the construction guys. Guess they are trying to finish this stuff up without the annoyance of roadies, DHr's and moto guys waiting for them to clear the road :rolleyes:

So if you're planning on shuttling next weekend be aware you might get shut down like I did :eviltongu

So did I ride anyways? Hell yes! A DH bike up Romero :dead: That hurt
Noah...hey ..was considering coming up the weekend of the 12th. Perhaps you and John would be available to ride. I'll try to get Rabie, W4S and a coulple of other monkeys. Let me know...we'd like to ride Sat/Sun and don't worry we won't put you out...we'll stay in motel... Thanx

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Edgy said:
Noah...hey ..was considering coming up the weekend of the 12th. Perhaps you and John would be available to ride. I'll try to get Rabie, W4S and a coulple of other monkeys. Let me know...we'd like to ride Sat/Sun and don't worry we won't put you out...we'll stay in motel... Thanx
Well, if the road is open by then, cruise on up... I'll try to keep you informed on the status... Cold Springs and Tunnel are in awesome shape though :evil:

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I was afraid we would start really getting shut down. We got a few letters at Bob's saying that no one would be allowed up Gibralter. That sucks man, I was going to do a mid day shuttle this Thursday... stupid rain!!

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Li'l Dave said:
I was afraid we would start really getting shut down. We got a few letters at Bob's saying that no one would be allowed up Gibralter. That sucks man, I was going to do a mid day shuttle this Thursday... stupid rain!!
What kind of letters? And why at Bob's?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I don't know if they were emails or actual letters, but first Kenneth came in reading these "letters" and then Bob the next day re-read them for the shop. I don't know what the whole story was, but it sounds like we be screwed for a little while.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
I heard the trails had some rather large landslides on them and wouldn't be rideable for a while. Article by Ray Ford in the SB newspress on the 16th? Sounded like a few boulders had washed out the trail...has anyone been up to take a look?

Sucks about the roads being closed, I'm kind of glad to be up in Norcal right now enjoying the Santa Cruz singletrack. quite nice right now, some of you all should come up and enjoy it.

The Ito

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
How long will Tunnel and Cold Springs be inaccessible? We were planning on coming up in two weeks to shuttle, but I don't want to drive all that way if the road is closed. Do any of you local guys have a better understanding of when everything should be open? PM me if appropriate.

Thanks.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
W4S said:
How long will Tunnel and Cold Springs be inaccessible? We were planning on coming up in two weeks to shuttle, but I don't want to drive all that way if the road is closed. Do any of you local guys have a better understanding of when everything should be open? PM me if appropriate.

Thanks.
I wish I did know, but I have a feeling I wouldn't plan on anything in this month. I'll post more info as soon as I know more info. Sorry man, it sucks :mumble:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
The stupid thing is that on SB county's road closuer page it says advisory. That doesn't indicate closed.

If it stay's dry like it looks like it might I'd think towards the end of the month it should be ok. I'll just wait until March to be on the safe side and ride other places until then :)

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
W4S said:

Thanks.
Mann..you had to go and jinx it!....just kidding....South Mtn. is looking better and better. If SB doesn't pan out...AZ here we come. :nopity:

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Edgy said:
Mann..you had to go and jinx it!....just kidding....South Mtn. is looking better and better. If SB doesn't pan out...AZ here we come. :nopity:
Can I hitch a ride? :D
No, I have to stay and rebuild our trails too :mumble: Fuggin rain, man I miss droughts already!

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
Go early in the morning (750?), when they aren't working yet; if you can get up that early :D

Go hike Hotsprings you lazy guys, and come down McMenemy. That trail is Techy. PM for details if you don't know...

--Pete

GunShow?

Chimp
May 12, 2004
Edgy said:
The weekend of the 12th? I could be down for SoMo.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
GunShow? said:
The weekend of the 12th? I could be down for SoMo.
Hey...that would be cool. It would be fun to have most of the gang out there.

Noah.... I'm still hoping for SB as my primary...so yeah I guess we'll be hangin' on your word.
Peace

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Edgy said:
Hey...that would be cool. It would be fun to have most of the gang out there.

Noah.... I'm still hoping for SB as my primary...so yeah I guess we'll be hangin' on your word.
Peace
Whatever you do, don't let gunshow load bikes in your truck. I believe it's his plan to sabotage so his truck doesn't look so bad.

GunShow?

Chimp
May 12, 2004
W4S said:
Whatever you do, don't let gunshow load bikes in your truck. I believe it's his plan to sabotage so his truck doesn't look so bad.
I appologize to everyone that shuttles. Now W4S will try and get out of driving his truck more than he used to :eviltongu