Quantcast

I gotta find out where in my building this person works

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
this Jeep with this bike on it is always parked in the parking lot of my new building.

Gotta find out who the owner is - could be a potential post work ride partner.

Attachments

J

JRB

Not to be a member of the Fab 5, I will edit.

It'll be cool if you find someone new to ride with. I hope she's hot though.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
You wanna ride with someone who owns a Proflex?

They're sure to be a total creep...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That Proflex has been strapped to the back of the Jeep since the truck was new. They have no idea how to get it off.

Or they hope someone will steal it so they can get something that doesn't suck. Being a Proflex, they could put a FREE sign on it and it would still be safe.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Yeah yesterday in the parking lot there were two cars side by side, one with a Giant AC with a psylo, and a Rocky Mountain something with a Talas....all Race Faced and FSA'ed up. First nice bikes I've seen in a while.......

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Are you guys a bunch of bike snobs - I betcha taht dude or dudette gets out on that Proflex and rides a ton more than I do.

It's definitely got fresh dirt/mud on it.

More than I can say for my Surly. :(

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Why all the Proflex hate? Dont you remember your roots? They were pretty far ahead of the game back in the day..... They still have a good following too, and the brand is resurfacing in Europe it seems..

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
In 1995 when i got my Proflex, it ROCKED. But it also was nearly the death of me due to the lack of rebound control.

Not saying I'm a snob, I just have nightmares about going OTB on my Proflex :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jimmydean said:
In 1995 when i got my Proflex, it ROCKED. But it also was nearly the death of me due to the lack of rebound control.

Not saying I'm a snob, I just have nightmares about going OTB on my Proflex :D
My Y-22 was like that with the Alps shock. I remember doing a nose-wheelie over a berm on a trail out in BFE in the mountains one time. I'm lucky I didn't stack and really hurt myself.