Quantcast

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
True.
I do have a license there.
I have family there.
And big racked blonds are easy to come by.

Are there even strip clubs in SLC?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
So how often did you visit. I spent a lot of time there. It wasn't cold it was always between 55 and 70. Yeah, it's foggy. It's called the coast.

Not everyone takes Bart/Muni. 30 minutes isn't bad at all.

How about Bomb riding, decent surf and not over crowed?

Nightlife isn't important to a lot of people.

I would live there.
I spent a day there every week for four months. Meh riding, the breaks aren't that great (plus ultra nasty rip), and it IS crowded - you're sandwiched between cliffs and the ocean. Like I said, sh!tty weather, inaccessible, nothing going on. And now, looking at CL, rent is comparable to both San Francisco and Santa Cruz, two places that are much better spots than Crapcifica - but still way out of his price range.

True.
I do have a license there.
I have family there.
And big racked blonds are easy to come by.

Are there even strip clubs in SLC?
Yes. And I'll be back there tomorrow.

Also: The local beer scene is pretty decent, and new breweries are springing up like weeds.

The latest Utard offering:
http://www.epicbrewing.com/our-beers?layout=category

Not to say I love SLC - not really urban enough for my tastes (and growing up amongst the Mo's gets old), but different strokes...yadda yadda. You could always live in Park City (30m from SLC and the airport), but it's not my cup of tea...never been a fan of resort towns.

Last edited:

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I looked into NC, but job market there, even for a lawyer, was pretty thin.

If I could find somewhere that I can do rent for $800 a month I wouldn't really have to work. I have seven or eight cases that are scheduled out for the next three years, so if I can fly here and to a few other spots, that will be enough work to keep me going if I live on the cheap.
Last I checked, it's quite easy to find a place here for $800/mo. The job market sucks, although there's always room for another lawyer I suppose.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
You already know this, but the PNW is the only place that has all that.
Look at Olympia or some other medium sized town. Cheap cost of living, 1 hr from good surfing, 1 hr from the mountain, 30min from awesome trail riding, 5.5hrs from Whistler.
Good sea and whitewater kayaking too.
DH and guns go together like PB and jelly. Where ever you find DH shuttle trails, you can find people shooting assault rifles and old TVs and burning cars.

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
And I don't care where to.

I like to ride my bicycles.
I like to kayak.
I like to snowboard.
I like to surf.
I like guns, shooting guns, and being able to own guns without fear of reprisal from the local/state government.
I like rent around $800/mo for a one bedroom one bath that's nice.
You pretty much described Bellingham right there. Bellingham is the sh*t, some of the best riding riding 10-30 min away, kayak 10 min away, boarding like 1 hr away, surf 10 min away, can shoot guns almost anywhere. and tons of cool locals to show you the good riding spots.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Sure there is some great riding, but only for three months out of the year. The summer is short and windy, filled with hail and thunder storms. Colorado blows unless all you like to do is ski. You can't even swim in the lakes. :rant:

People are getting shot/robbed around 7 at night.
to re-emphasize: shut up & ride. i'm surprised you didn't complain about less than 90% loamy, covered, unoccupied biker only trail that's always pitched downhill. half my rides are less than 30 min from home & i don't see anyone 5 min past the pkg area
nut up, son.

you want shot/robbed? denver, boulder, pueblo
The Job Market here is pretty depressed.
or certainly isn't expanding. if you still have a job now, it's most likely stable. it's just hard to break in cold. i imagine it's the same anywhere else.
Jimmydean is right about the thumpers also. And there are a lot of them here.
how do they affect your life? in 13 yrs here only 1 has ever knocked on my door asking me about jehovah, and last year the local mormon dudes doing their rotation popped over & we talked bikes. we talked bikes.

i guess we'll have to chalk it up to different stories to tell.
The Springs wouldn't be that bad IMHO if it wasn't for the Right wing nut job crowd.
you talking about TABOR? not exactly right wing policy, and it's state wide. something else perhaps?
There is a ton of out door stuff to do, weather is decent most of the year. World class skiing/snow less that a two hour drive. High class single track everywhere. Cost of living is cheaper than Denver, but close enough to Denver that most major entertainment is only an hour or so drive. Colorado is projected to be the only state with less than double digit obesity rates by 2020.
this.
the only 2 negs not yet mentioned here are the sprawl (make noticeable by lack of trees in suburbia), and lack of reasonable public transportation
Lungs feel like they're going to catch on fire. Ice patches. Winter gear is uncomfortable and bulky.
and *you* "defend" our freedom?

:nope:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
yes, yes it does.

(looks like i forgot rule #1 about discussions on CO: "do not encourage more emigration")

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
C. Springs makes me want to cut me eyes out. The nutters who run that place are worse than the Neocon Mormons here...which says a lot. I could definitely enjoy other spots on the front range, though...Boulder, Ft. Collins, Golden all seem like nice places.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
with the talk of colorado springs and right wing nut jobs.....is ignoring people really that fvcking hard for some of you to do.

sh!t.....i live in the south and i don't let the human debris that i encounter around here ruin it for me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
with the talk of colorado springs and right wing nut jobs.....is ignoring people really that fvcking hard for some of you to do.

sh!t.....i live in the south and i don't let the human debris that i encounter around here ruin it for me.
If I lived in a unibomber shack, it would be a non-issue. I am surrounded by jackasses in the hood, but I don't have to work around them.

<edit> Mormons that I have met are at least someone intelligent, unlike the Fox News crowd.