Quantcast

I gotta say I had a pretty freaking good day today

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
A) I was off work for the day (and tomorrow)

B) Today was my older daughter's turn to bring a parent to school in her kindergarten class. We then have to pretend to be interesting. So I talked about helicopters....go figure. I brought in my RC heli....it was met with squeals of delight by all.

I also had some 2D helicopters cut on the water jet at work, and had them powdercoated. I handed them out. I also had them make paper helis....(sort of like paper airplanes. That was my wife's idea. Anyway....it was a rousing success. 13 5-6 year-olds think I'm the coolest guy ever.

C) Because I was off work (and the school thing was first thing in the AM), I spent the rest of the day with my younger daughter. We rode our bikes to the park for the first time ever. (That's the furthest from home she's ridden under her own power). The weather was great. So we just had a good time hanging out. Played with the dog in the yard etc...We rarely get to hang out just the two of us.

So basically, this was one of those days that I just cannot recommend parenthood highly enough.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I kept waiting to read some rude sh*t spewing about somebody, but it never happened! What a nice post about nice things. everything ok?

jk... sounds like an awesome day

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Actually part of my errands yesterday was to have the coil recall on my Jetta done. (which it now is).

And kids are not the end of fun.....just the (near) end of freedom. It's still pretty damned fun though.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I agree with MMike. Having kids is retardedly fun. If they're not, you're doing it wrong. Me & the wife figured out that encouragement gets them motivated to do good things. When you show your 6 year old daughter a video of manimal's daughter eating it on a ramp and she asks you to build her a ramp...nothings better.

Kids make everything stupid fun all the time. Besides, you can't hang on the monkey bars if you don't bring a kid.

NuMexJoe

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Kids make everything stupid fun all the time. Besides, you can't hang on the monkey bars if you don't bring a kid.
Exactly! Kinda awkward to be borrowing someone else's kid so you can go to the SF Children's Museum and play with all the cool displays.
- Joe

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
I like to walk my oldest into class in the mornings. I get high fives and giggles from all the little groms and kids in her class. But I think come 1st grade, she'll give me the boot.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I just carried my 9 year old up the stairs to put him in bed after he fell asleep on the living room floor. Tried to do the same with my 11 year old and did my back a mischief and dumped him on the first step and told him to get his own arse to bed. I got misty.

splat

Nam I am
So basically, this was one of those days that I just cannot recommend parenthood highly enough.
That is what is all about

Just finished cleaning up the kitchen where my daughter decided to squat and pee in the middle of the floor. Thanks for the perspective. :thumb:
Pesqueeb, I'd trade with you any day of the week.

My Daughter spent Yesterday Getting Chemotherapy and a Blood transfusion At Mass. General Hospital.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
you know, I'm torn here.

On one hand, I like MMike's post.
On the other, I don't want to encourage him to continue posting.

This is a tough one.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I will try to put in perspective for non parents.
Last night, I just finished building up my new dh bike, and was really stoked to have it built and be done with it.
5 minutes later, my wife got home with our 19 month old girl who I was hoping was not already asleep from the car ride.
When she saw me, She screamed , "DADDY DADDY!" and ran over to me, wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. Then smiled real big, and said Daddy again while she put both hands on my cheeks.

This feeling was 100x better than finishing building a new bike.

splat

Nam I am
Last night, I just finished building up my new dh bike, and was really stoked to have it built and be done with it.
5 minutes later, my wife got home with our 19 month old girl who I was hoping was not already asleep from the car ride.
When she saw me, She screamed , "DADDY DADDY!" and ran over to me, wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. Then smiled real big, and said Daddy again while she put both hands on my cheeks.

well put.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001

Wait til she gets old enough to put the shiny bits in a row on the table when you're not looking.