Quantcast

I graduated from college.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
It's official: I just got an e-mail from the university saying my diploma is in the mail. I'm done with school.

This sucks.

Now what the hell am I gonna do with myself?

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
Congrats! Don't let the world jerk you around about stressing over a job. The very first think I did with my engineering degree was work at a organic coffee roaster in NH. Loved it. All I did was listen to music, drink coffee, and talk about coffee. Oh yeah, and I was able to climb and ride all the time.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Stop taking MDMA? (What's with your avatar anyway?)
Huh? I can see you're not down with the Hyphy movement. Ever heard of Mac Dre or E-40?

Nick said:
Congrats ... what is your degree in anyway?
Double major in Global Studies and German. Which means I have no clue what I'm gonna do with my life.

karmapolice said:
lol there is always graduate school, the dream doesn't have to end with a 4 year ;)
Fvck that.

Stray_cat said:
Congrats! Don't let the world jerk you around about stressing over a job. The very first think I did with my engineering degree was work at a organic coffee roaster in NH. Loved it. All I did was listen to music, drink coffee, and talk about coffee. Oh yeah, and I was able to climb and ride all the time.
Yeah well right now I'm just working at the LBS and still living in the college town with my roommates who are still in school, so I'm definitely taking my time in figuring out what I wanna do. Ideally I'd like to work in either the bike or ski industries, so we'll see what happens.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
Thizz is gross. All the teens I know who have touched that stuff are idiots.

The whole "hyphy movement" is so stupid.
Ghost ride Da Whip, several people have died doing just that.
Scrape, yeah lets just pound the suspension and brakes into the ground.

Mac Dre is dead, let the "hyphy movement" die too.

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
Yeah well right now I'm just working at the LBS and still living in the college town with my roommates who are still in school, so I'm definitely taking my time in figuring out what I wanna do. Ideally I'd like to work in either the bike or ski industries, so we'll see what happens.
Cool man. From personal experiance I can tell you OR industry can be hard to break into and in some cases it gets even harder after your in. Be carefull with companies that think they can pay you chump change simply becuse it's a fun job. There was a point in my life where I'd drive an uninspected-uninsured-unregistered car to work and then look for loose change later to pay for my coffee. Your job at an LBS should go a long way. Work them connections!

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Thizz is gross. All the teens I know who have touched that stuff are idiots.
What is you talking about? "Thizzing" is just a really goofy way for an untalented white boy (such as myself) to dance and act dumb when he and his friends are not entirely sober. You should listen to "The Thizzle Dance" by Mac Dre. It's funny. Don't worry though, I don't drive a lowered Impala with hydraulics. :rolleyes:

ito said:
You working at Velo Pro? Search around, work, ride in your spare time.
Bicycle Bob's, actually. I'm gonna take a lot of ski weekends in the upcoming months, then start searching for real, career-oriented jobs in the Lake Tahoe area come springtime. If everything goes according to plan, I'll be able to move to Tahoe in early June.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
What is you talking about? "Thizzing" is just a really goofy way for an untalented white boy (such as myself) to dance and act dumb when he and his friends are not entirely sober.
Thizz is MDMA, better known as X or E or Ecstasy in the rest of the world. Where do you think those guys got if from?

SVPPB

Monkey
May 13, 2007
Why work?
Go get a couple more BA's, then a Masters, then think about law/medical/dental/cat grooming school. I've avoided real work for the better part of the last decade.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
dex, grad school is awesome. it's kinda like college, but you get to study specifically what you want. and if you're smart about it, you can work out a pretty spectacular setup. i graduated in may, took some time off and just bummed around the country, then applied for a grad program in canada. they accepted me, offered to take care of tuition, travel and lab expenses, and told me my area of study was in the philippine islands and tasmania. in other words, grad school can really facilitate some amazing experiences that college otherwise could not.

edit: oh yea, congrats bro. take some time off and enjoy yourself; you deserve it.