Quantcast

I guess 180's hurt more than just wheels

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
My mechanic just put a frame allignment guage on my P1 and told me that my rear triangles are bent 3/4 of an inch sideways at the drop outs. And I was just getting ready to start 180ing off some bigger ledges or stairs...oh well...that's the price we pay.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
or you could learn how to 180 better.... or get a stronger bike.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
Now I've got them, it was the learning process that did it, and it was totally worth it. Yeah thoughts of a new hard tail have crossed my mind...but this one still runs.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
boostindoubles said:
eh its just a p1, theres better bikes out there that will take more abuse.
Werd. This is a good excuse to buy a Revell, or a 24, a DMR maybe, a Blackmarket, or maybe if you're feeling extra cool a Curtis.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Lux Interior said:
Yeah thoughts of a new hard tail have crossed my mind...but this one still runs.
You'll slightly hamper your ability to fakie on any other bike because of overcompensation! (Maybe :D) Is that a price you're willing to (maybe) pay?

"Think of the new frame! Won't somebody please think of the new frame?"

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
I only have a problem with the wheels on my P1..I 180 perfect 99% of the time but have issues with half cabbing or just rolling out and end up rolling an ankle.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
Thanks for all the info, i can't imagine it will be warrentied unless i break it fully. Yeah the p bike has been a great first freeride hardtail but maybe it's time to upgrade. Maybe the Cove foreplay frame.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Lux Interior said:
Thanks for all the info, i can't imagine it will be warrentied unless i break it fully. Yeah the p bike has been a great first freeride hardtail but maybe it's time to upgrade. Maybe the Cove foreplay frame.
If you;re looking at an Aluminum HT, look into the Sinsiter DNA or Evil. The Foreplay is very similar to the P.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Lux Interior said:
I don't think Cove are the strongest frames out there... They've still got quite an XC heritage thing going on.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Changleen said:
I don't think Cove are the strongest frames out there... They've still got quite an XC heritage thing going on.
The Cove HT's are not exactly much stronger than the P. bikes. If you're going to be trying 180's and new stuff, I would suggest a pretty burly hardtail, and suggest that you move to a steel hardtail.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
Oh yeah, we have a sinister dealer here I should check one of those out, It took me a while to finally trust aluminum and now I don't think I'll go back to steel, I've made the switch. But I don't want anything crazy big like a Snipes. I really like all the geometry of the P. Once again thanks for the input, I know every day there's a newbie on the board saying " everyone help me choose the perfect bike!" That's not me, I know what I'm looking for I'm just not sure what name it will have.

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
bend em back, i bent the hell out of an eastern bmx frame, they bent about 2 inches to the right! i took it to a machine shop and the guys let me use their torch to bend em back. burnt all the paint off, but it works fine now i guess, i have since sold that frame though.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
torching an aluminum frame isn't going to work as well as with a steel frame (your Eastern). In fact, it probably won't work at all, strength-wise.

-r

proanti1

Chimp
Sep 24, 2005
rpet said:
torching an aluminum frame isn't going to work as well as with a steel frame (your Eastern). In fact, it probably won't work at all, strength-wise.

-r
my bad, i though you were talking about a steel frame. :D