Quantcast

I guess it's about time for some new 'Lil Manimal ride pics

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
we've been busy doing summer things lately like fishing and going to tae kwon do so it was nice to actually set up the ramps again and push some previous limits.

with his new(est ;) ) bike, he's able to get the speed he needs and still control the bike in the air. this first shot is from about the middle distance that i separated the landing ramp. by the time of the last shot, it was another 18" futher away and he was still almost landing flat.

a nice head on shot with the ramp at about the same distance as the last shot

i guess i was too close to get the lip in the picture on this one but i paced the distance to be 4.5' from lip to lip....and he landed flat on this one :eek: :thumb:

oh yeah.....and believe it or not, i actually get to ride once in a while too :D

dark mountain DH

anyhoo, just thought you guys would like to see his progress.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
laura said:
that kid is growing like a frickin weed. amazing.
don't remind me! he started riding almost exactly a year ago and he's changed so friggin much in that time i can hardly believe it! he starts kindergarten in august! growing up way too fast....but at least i can take him w/ me on rides now :thumb:

this was his first real "stunt" just under a year ago and only 1 week after losing the training wheels. it's hard to see, but he was boosting off of a stick to gain lift before coasting down the tranny.

and one month after that.....

by the way....he took his cracked helmet to show and tell the last week of pre-school. he told me the night before that he was taking his new water gun but then he decided he wanted to show them his cool helmet and tell them how it happened :D
i was so proud :thumb:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
So cool to see him rippin' it up and lovin' every minute of it!!! Love the fact that he wanted to show off his cracked helmet....already started his collection of "war stories" :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Did he just naturally start jumping like that?? We are just getting out 20 month old kid into the bike trailer, and i cant wait for the day he can start to pedal a bike around.....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
TreeSaw said:
Congratulations...I too am due in January and pray that my child enjoys riding as much as lil manimal!!!

That's awesome! but you didn't have to go and get pregnant, you could've had one of mine...i have plenty ;)

-oly: i'm not really sure, he just kind of figured it out. i coach him on his form a bit and encourage him to go faster and pull-up harder but he's pretty much done everything on his own. he grew up watching bike vids w/ me so his perception of riding is a lot different than most 4-5yr old kids.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
manimal said:
-oly: i'm not really sure, he just kind of figured it out. i coach him on his form a bit and encourage him to go faster and pull-up harder but he's pretty much done everything on his own. he grew up watching bike vids w/ me so his perception of riding is a lot different than most 4-5yr old kids.

Cool. We watch vids too, he likes the music, and can already say bike.... i think im off to a good start...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
oly said:
Cool. We watch vids too, he likes the music, and can already say bike.... i think im off to a good start...
yup :thumb: noah's first work ever was "bike".....well, as long as you don't count those unintelligable farting sounds :D

another "good start" activity.....bring him/her w/ you to build stunts :D
noah - age 3

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
rpk1988 said:
Your son will make a fine sharpshooter. Look at that form.
ah man...you have no idea. i made the mistake of taking him w/ me to the firing range. i let him shoot a small .22 pistol i his .22 rifle...he loved it and actually did pretty well. then i pulled out the M4 and let him watch me practice w/ it........the kid is obsessed now! the good thing is that i have him scared to death of touching any of them unless i have absolute control over it at the time. he may be a gun freak but he's a well educated and respectful gun freak :thumb: