Quantcast

I guess My Bike needed a Little love. ( or does any one have a Spring for a Pyslo ? )

splat

Nam I am
Well It was timeto put my Winter commuter away for a few months so I figured I'd do some Work on it be fore storing it for the summer

My commuter is a Specilized Stumpjumper Hard tail with a Rock Shox Pyslo Fork.

well cleaning up the drive train I noticed I think My chainring needs replacing :)

In actuallity forget the chainring the whole crank set needs it , it is a Square Taper BB and ther eis some rounding going on on the crank ( after all it is 12 years old ) And one of the pedals is broken too.

Next the fork , It has siezed. so I take it a a part and as I take it a part , the Main Spring is in 10 Pieces !! ( any one have one they don't need ? )

and I manage to pull the rest of the fork apart with no real surpries , except it took a LArge Pipe plamp to Unsieze the fork :)

Well I guess I'll use a Manitou 6 fork for the time being on it till I get the parts for the pyslo.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
So true!!! I should post up the parts I need (very random even for me). I have no brake on my SS (one is broken and Sq-Earl keeps stealing parts from it to fix his brakes) and a new road stem.
I have a 70mm ITM stem that works with 31.8mm bars if that would work for your road bike.

splat

Nam I am
Well , Last night riding home from work, went over a bumpy portion of trail bottomed out the fork and it didn't come back up. guess its time to take it apart again and see what the issue is this time :) or maybe its just time to retire the that fork, after all it has seen lots of Miles/abuse.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Well I took it apart again. Spring is intact but the Years of Salted Winter roads have taken there toll. RIP Pyslo. I got that one from that Bum MMcG, I think I'll demand my Money Back.

Think , I'll just replace it with ........ Another Pyslo :)
That's because it's a California spring. Way more laid back:thumb::D

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Splat!

I f you need it and can wait 'till monkey Fest, I got an old DeoreXT crank square tapper here, it's missing the BB but the gears (22-32-44 I believe) are good on it.... I'll make you a really good price on that ;-)

splat

Nam I am
That's because it's a California spring. Way more laid back:thumb::D
I saved the spring so when I crush the one in this pyslo I have a replacement

Splat!

I f you need it and can wait 'till monkey Fest, I got an old DeoreXT crank square tapper here, it's missing the BB but the gears (22-32-44 I believe) are good on it.... I'll make you a really good price on that ;-)
No Need , thanks any way. I replaced that crankset last year with an Deore XT with Octolink.