Quantcast

I guess they wanted to see Heidi.....

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.velonews.com/article/78946/astana-s-levi-leipheimer-and-chris-horner-to-race-cascade

With their team barred from this year's Tour de France, Astana teammates Levi Leipheimer and Chris Horner have decided to race in the Bend Memorial Clinic Cascade Cycling Classic instead. The five-day race will take place in and around Bend, Oregon, on July 9-13.

Horner (a Bend resident) and Leipheimer will line up with top squads including Garmin-Chipotle, Health Net-Maxxis, Toyota-United, Rock Racing, and Bissell. The Health net team will include 2007 Cascade champ Phil Zajicek, and the Garmin-Chipotle team will include 2004 Cascade winner Tom Danielson.
Who can blame them?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I think Cantador has the best shot at dominance like Armstrong; he has really improved his time trialing and he is a phenomenal climber

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
SOrry, I haven't been on RM in awhile and just saw this! There are a lot of big names coming to the CCC this year. Yesterday I passed some teams out practicing the TT. I was heading up the road and they were coming down. This is going to be an awesome race again this year!!! Friday night is the downtown crit and this town goes OFF for that. WOOHOO!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Rock Racing's Boterao won the first stage of the Cascade Classic today here in Bend. Brutal heat with a climbing finish. It was only a one mile climb at the end but he took off at the base and smoked everyone. Chris Horner was invloved in a crash earlier in the day and rode to the top waaay off the back and solo. Poor guy.