Quantcast

I guess this is what happens....

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
that purple is super dope. spraypaint + spray clearcoat usually works good enough for a bike that gets abuse. I helped my friend paint his frame a while back with spraypaint, and his came out just fine. didn't chip easily at all. we sanded it all down, put a coat of primer, like 3-4 coats of flat white rusto, and then a clearcoat spray. rustoleum is the $hit, probably in most cases just as good as appliance paint for bikes. rusto's American Accents comes in some sick colors, and is basically just rusto with a different label. you learn alot about paint after writing for a while, especially when you steal cans all day and empty them all night. also, if you're looking for a color you can't find in the store, Montana Colors will most likely have it. montana would also be the way to go if trying to achieve the "most professional do-it-yourself" paint job. :rolleyes:

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Hey guys - another tid bit of insight.

If you don't mind plain colors like White or Black or Grey - you can get Appliance paint in a spray can.

We've done a few frames now in Appliance white. The cool thing is the paint dries to a very hard white finish just like the finish on your washer and dryer. It is very resistant to rubbing off, chipping, etc. etc. and dries to a nice shiny finish.

Again though your color options are limited but... I like white and black bikes so its all good.
Thanks a lot for the idea, I think i am going to paint the lower part of my DJ3 white but I am still wondering:

1) if you use this Appliance paint, do I still use an enamal + clear coat when done?

2) Where can I find this paint online?