Quantcast

I H8... thread...

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
I H8 people that think because they are in a hurry that it's OK to nail my front bumper when they fly into thier parking spot.:plthumbsdown:
i hate people who park by brail! if you dont know what that is.....just think about it for a second....then you'll be pissed too :rant::banghead:

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
I H8 people who lift their trucks but don't readjust their headlights. Makes me want to follow them home and paint their headlights black.
what about the people who put about a 13 inch lift on their truck and put fancy wheels on it whit mud tires? And then they NEVER take it to the mud... Or even the DUST!!!! Theres more beater cars cruisin through the desert than the lifted trucks that sound like a jet airplane comin down the freeway with their d*mn mud tires!

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
what about the people who put about a 13 inch lift on their truck and put fancy wheels on it whit mud tires? And then they NEVER take it to the mud... Or even the DUST!!!! Theres more beater cars cruisin through the desert than the lifted trucks that sound like a jet airplane comin down the freeway with their d*mn mud tires!
Ha! We call those "Mall Crawlers".

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
people with cognitive dissonance have money, too.
Wait so burning less fossil fuels is bad if the vehicle is large, huh:hmm:

UPS and the US army do not agree (not to mention UPS saved 3 million gallons/year by eliminating left turns with their improve routing software):

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/25/automobiles/25HYDRO.html?ex=1308888000&en=396a1151c32a4996&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Maybe it would be better if they ignored the segment or just upscaled like this:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Plus this stuff looked harmless....

...& it has got to be better than this stuff....

or this stuff...

"salad" that requires no refrigeration makes me ill by pure thought alone. We have that crap in the machine here, but I aint touching it.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I H8 fvcktards that don't return a pleasant greeting. I said "morning" to a b1tch that was pushing her little spawn of evil with her dog on a leash and she didn't even look at me.
how bout little kids who don't say 'hi' back?

it's enough to make me want to stop going to the park.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
You do realize most small cars weigh around or over 3000 lbs these days?

I guess it depends on what you consider a small car...I just don' see the point in making a heavy @ss hybrid car not to mention most SUV's have a poor drag coefficient....but I digress...D

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
I H8 fvcktards that don't return a pleasant greeting. I said "morning" to a b1tch that was pushing her little spawn of evil with her dog on a leash and she didn't even look at me.
I H8 fvcktards that try and greet me in the morning. Morning is quiet time. Don't fvcking talk to me. :D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I guess it depends on what you consider a small car...I just don' see the point in making a heavy @ss hybrid car not to mention most SUV's have a poor drag coefficient....but I digress...D
Making the drivetrain more efficient will still save gas and cut emissions - that is the point of hybrids. UPS is developing hybrids and their delivery vans are even less aerodynamic than any SUVs.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Wait....WTF?? Really?
Old news, check MRR issue #3329129172982.6

PS: (from Wik)

By this point Dave Insurgent had become a heroin user and occasional dealer. In a conflict with another dealer, he was severely beaten with a baseball bat, requiring weeks of hospitalization. In 1993 he began seeing a girl, Tiffany Bresciani, who supported both their drug habits by prostitution. Later that year his mother was killed in a car accident. Soon after, Dave and his girlfriend were on Houston Street looking for customers and drugs. A familiar customer in a truck hired Tiffany and the two of them disappeared. A few days later, police on Long Island stopped the same truck and discovered Tiffany's body in the back. The driver was Joel Rifkin, later convicted as a serial killer responsible for the murder of several prostitutes. Despondent over his continuing drug addiction and the loss of his mother and girlfriend, Dave Rubinstein committed suicide in 1993.

I H8 it when crap like this happens!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Making the drivetrain more efficient will still save gas and cut emissions - that is the point of hybrids. UPS is developing hybrids and their delivery vans are even less aerodynamic than any SUVs.
while true, 2 ton hybrid SUVs still degrade the road quicker than a proper hybrid. this perpetuates the myth america is serious about reigning in capricious use of finite resources

exhibit Q: http://www.cadillac.com/escaladehybrid/html/?seo=goo_escalade_hybrid_segment

maybe they're going for a gansta-proof line?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
while true, 2 ton hybrid SUVs still degrade the road quicker than a proper hybrid. this perpetuates the myth america is serious about reigning in capricious use of finite resources

exhibit Q: http://www.cadillac.com/escaladehybrid/html/?seo=goo_escalade_hybrid_segment
I hate to break it to you (to keep with the thread), but its still a positive compared with their standard models. Some progress is better than no progress especially if it sinks money into R&D and increases hybrid production so the technology can filter down to smaller cheaper products.

Toyota is actually doing worse as they just came out with various full-sized products (Tundra/Landcruiser/Sequoia) with no hybrid offering compared to the GMT900 platform now with the dual mode hybrids. The Yukon hybrid 4WD SUV gets 25% better mileage/less greenhouse gases/barrels of oil every year than the Landcruiser 4WD according to the revised stricter 2008 EPA testing, see fueleconomy.com (up to 40% better than the regular Yukon according to GM but real-world EPA testing shows 20%). Toyota's small SUV, RAV4 V6 4WD only does 5% better (4 cyl 10%) weighing over a ton less - 40% lighter. The domestic Ford Escape V6 4WD and Chevy Equinox 4WD are actually is 5% worse for mileage/emissions/barrels. A giant truck based SUV that is comparable with a conventional small car-based SUVs sounds like a step in the right direction.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I hate to break it to you (to keep with the thread), but its still a positive compared with their standard models. Some progress is better than no progress especially if it sinks money into R&D and increases hybrid production so the technology can filter down to smaller cheaper products.

Toyota is actually doing worse as they just came out with various full-sized products (Tundra/Landcruiser) with no hybrid offering compared to the GMT900 platform now with the dual mode hybrids. The Yukon hybrid 4WD SUV gets 25% better mileage/less greenhouse gases/barrels of oil every year than the Landcruiser 4WD according to the revised stricter 2008 EPA testing, see fueleconomy.com (up to 40% better than the regular Yukon according to GM but real-world EPA testing shows 20%). Toyota's small SUV, RAV4 V6 4WD only does 5% better (4 cyl 10%) weighing over a ton less - 40% lighter. The domestic Ford Escape V6 4WD and Chevy Equinox 4WD are actually is 5% worse for mileage/emissions/barrels. A giant truck based SUV that is comparable with a conventional small car-based SUVs sounds like a step in the right direction.

The whole thing just stinks. I'm finding now that many people are looking into to hybrids just 'cause it's cool right now. I realize cars are getting heavier to protect the occupants better as well as more electronics are being used, but if the people demanded it...car manufactures would make more sensible Hybrids.

Car manufacturers could easly knock 400lbs off a vehilce and make it that much more efficient. I doubt it would raise the price very much if at all. I mean look at the Fit...great weight and gas mileage and it's not even a hybrid!...D

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
I hate when I get an itch that I can't reach...

Except for the times that I like it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I hate Azonic for having their own bar size!

Quick rant:
My new frame/fork kit had an Azonic stem on it. It looked too small to be 31.8, so I picked up a 25.4 at the shop on my way home to build my bike. Too small, must be a 31.8 after all. I get one today and I should be riding before dark.

Too big? WTF? It's a 28.6! Does anyone carry a 28.6? Nope! SHop closed, now I have to wait until tomorrow to buy a new stem and bar. Good times.