Quantcast

I had a head on with another rider on trail today

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
It shouldn’t have happen but I guess it’s one of those things. I yelled out going into a twisty, fast, low visibility section. I was 20ist when from around a blind corner this other rider comes at me truckin 15ish. I yell again, while he’s looking down. He slammed on his brakes an went otb. I was thinking I could avoid him but was moving TOO fast and just ran right over him. He was a big dude and eventually I went otb. We we’re both dazed. I just laid there for a bit trying to get my snap back and when I tried to push myself up I could feel the grinding of my collarbone.
Bla bla bla. I rode to the ER, 5 miles away and at there it was confirmed that I had broken my collarbone.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
wow a head on, only time i got close to that was with a motorcycle and i decided he'd win that battle and i went off trail pronto! Glad to hear you're not more seriously hurt, and here's to hoping you heal up in time for the end of winter.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
spam16v said:
H-town? you in houston? riding at memorial park?
thanks everyone!

yep it was the cambodia side just after the dump heading away from town, maybe a 1/2 - 3/4's of a mile in. theres a sweepy right hander into the rollie swoopy down hill. at the end theres a sharp up right hander between 2 trees, thats where we colided.