Quantcast

I had my home office painted red and the velvet painting looks fabulous in there!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I Are Baboon said:
Sweet.

Our master bedroom is painted in a similar color.

it's called red, red wine...I was so scared it was going to turn out hideous, but it looks nice with the white doors and crown moulding and case moulding. Took the painter four or five coats to get good coverage! I was thinking about doing a couple of walls in the spare bedroom a pumpkin orange...

antm

Chimp
Jul 15, 2004
miami, fl
i am speechless j/k. i have a friend who was looking for the same artwork. i thought he was joking. where did you get it?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
You need a "how to lose a guy in 10 days" poster in there too I think.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Can I ask you a silly question.... are you at all religious?

If you aren't the rosary (sp?) beads at the perfect touch if you are = :scarred:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
antm said:
i am speechless j/k. i have a friend who was looking for the same artwork. i thought he was joking. where did you get it?
It is a beautiful painting, isn't it? I got it only because I thought it was hysterical and the rest of my house looks like a pottery barn catalog...nice but not enough personality. So the home office gets the funny, weird stuff.

I got it at www.thevelvetstore.com

The have a TON of other really kick ass velvet paintings.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
It will be a swanky room...I've also got some Dia de las Muertes artwork and figures for that room. If you look closely at the frame of the jesus/elvis painting, you'll see that the frame is lined in black velvet...quite the touch if I must say! :)
did the frame come with the painting?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
yeah...you can choose your frame...I, of course, went for the most hideous, tackiest, most atrocious frame they offered! But that frame is just perfect for that painting, wouldn't you say?
oh cool because it probably would have cost a fortune to get such a nice frame made for it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
I think it would be cool to get the same type of painting, except put Johnny Cash with Jesus and another one with Liberace and Jesus. :D
Hrmmm I think I respect Johnny Cash to much to do that to him....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Great painting! I think I am going to have to get a nice velvet Elvis. No home is complete without one!

Excellent wall color too! I once did up my apartment with purple walls downstairs, and blue walls with silver moulding upstairs. It is hard to get good coverage out of a dark flat color. Your red looks great! It really does bring out the red in Jesus' robe. (And Elvis' eyes! LOL)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Ciaran said:
Great painting! I think I am going to have to get a nice velvet Elvis. No home is complete without one!

Excellent wall color too! I once did up my apartment with purple walls downstairs, and blue walls with silver moulding upstairs. It is hard to get good coverage out of a dark flat color. Your red looks great! It really does bring out the red in Jesus' robe. (And Elvis' eyes! LOL)
You should...I agree that no house is a home until it has a velvet Elvis!

I really like the red, too. I had the hallway, living room, dining room and kitchen done in a nice, rich gold called Desert Camel...I want to do some other daring colors in some of the other bedrooms...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stosh said:
Hrmmm I think I respect Johnny Cash to much to do that to him....

To immortalize him in velvet with Jesus??? Why...that is the utmost honor, I would think...

Actually, this is what they showed on the site for the Elvis/Jesus combo...I think it looks more like JC than Elvis...I was actually really pleased that my Elvis/Jesus treasure turned out the way it did...I think the one I have is much better'n this one:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
To immortalize him in velvet with Jesus??? Why...that is the utmost honor, I would think...

Actually, this is what they showed on the site for the Elvis/Jesus combo...I think it looks more like JC than Elvis...I was actually really pleased that my Elvis/Jesus treasure turned out the way it did...I think the one I have is much better'n this one:

I concur!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Andyman_1970 said:
That painting is great.............I've got to get one for my office.............LOL
oh man the Jehova Witness in my office would love that if I did that.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Andyman_1970 said:
That would be awesome I would love to see that............... :sneaky:
I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed up very long. My office thinks they are all P.C. and schit. really they're just a bunch of whiney middle class white Americans.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
I really do cherish that painting as gaudy and cheesey as it is. I love how the divine halo of light is around Elvis, not Jesus...
I didn't even notice that....

do the people at thevelvetstore.com realise it's cheese or are they the real deal?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stosh said:
I didn't even notice that....

do the people at thevelvetstore.com realise it's cheese or are they the real deal?

Probably both...they know that it's cool like in a hipster way, but cheesey...I dunno...they've been around for a while...I got mine about a year ago and I admired them on their website for about a year before that...there must be a market for it. Did you look at the Elvis Makeovers? You can have yourself made into a velvet elvis!

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
stosh said:
I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed up very long. My office thinks they are all P.C. and schit. really they're just a bunch of whiney middle class white Americans.
wow dude, you're one of those whiney middle class white Americans, too. You're white, American, (don't know about the social status), but you sure do whine a lot.