Quantcast

I had the BEST chicken soup last night!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm not feeling so well, so my friend Brie came over and cooked for me last night. She made the AWESOME chicken soup with fresh garlic, rosemary, vegetables, leek, onion, and white wine. And then, instead of using noodles, she threw in Pilsbury Grands biscuits all ripped into smaller pieces and stuff... holy GOD it was like a party in my mouth!

And not one of those lame middle school parties where all the boys stay on one side of the room and the girls on the other, but like a college kegger with beer pong in the basement, people making out in the living room, and that one REALLY drunk guy passed out in the yard!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Full Trucker said:
I'm not feeling so well, so my friend Brie came over and cooked for me last night. She made the AWESOME chicken soup with fresh garlic, rosemary, vegetables, leek, onion, and white wine. And then, instead of using noodles, she threw in Pilsbury Grands biscuits all ripped into smaller pieces and stuff... holy GOD it was like a party in my mouth!

And not one of those lame middle school parties where all the boys stay on one side of the room and the girls on the other, but like a college kegger with beer pong in the basement, people making out in the living room, and that one REALLY drunk guy passed out in the yard!
Wrong forum!!!

Althought posting the recipe would rock!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Wrong forum?!?!? I never go to any other forums here. Well, except that one, and the other one. Alright, I'll post the recipe as a peace offering:

1 whole freerange organic chicken (cut up)
3 large carrots (cut up)
4 stalks of celery (cut up)
1 leek (cut up)
1 head of garlic (diced)
1 onion (diced)
2 cups organic chicken stock
2 cups of white wine
1 can/package of buscuits (we used Pilsbury Grands, but think sticky buscuits are the best)
fresh rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper

Divide all the vegetables (except the leek) in half. Heat some olive oil in a pan and throw in the half the onions and half the garlic. Sautee until light brown, add herbs and half the carrots and celery. Cook this for 3-4 minutes or so. After rinsing chicken, put in the pot with the goods and just cover with COLD water and bring to a slow boil, cover pot and cook for 15 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked. remove pot from heat, remove the chicken and allow to cool. Then clean the chicken, removing the skin and getting the meat off the bone. Put chicken, white wine, chicken stock and remaining vegetables back in the pot and back on the heat. Bring to a slow boil for another 10-15 minutes, and then add the biscuits in chunks of your desired size.

Let the party begin!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Full Trucker said:
Wrong forum?!?!? I never go to any other forums here. Well, except that one, and the other one. Alright, I'll post the recipe as a peace offering:

1 whole freerange organic chicken (cut up)
3 large carrots (cut up)
4 stalks of celery (cut up)
1 leek (cut up)
1 head of garlic (diced)
1 onion (diced)
2 cups organic chicken stock
2 cups of white wine
1 can/package of buscuits (we used Pilsbury Grands, but think sticky buscuits are the best)
fresh rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper

Divide all the vegetables (except the leek) in half. Heat some olive oil in a pan and throw in the half the onions and half the garlic. Sautee until light brown, add herbs and half the carrots and celery. Cook this for 3-4 minutes or so. After rinsing chicken, put in the pot with the goods and just cover with COLD water and bring to a slow boil, cover pot and cook for 15 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked. remove pot from heat, remove the chicken and allow to cool. Then clean the chicken, removing the skin and getting the meat off the bone. Put chicken, white wine, chicken stock and remaining vegetables back in the pot and back on the heat. Bring to a slow boil for another 10-15 minutes, and then add the biscuits in chunks of your desired size.

Let the party begin!
Uncooked biscuits?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
clandestine said:
Cambell's Chunky Noodle Soup in disguise!
Totally, man... except for the whole there's no noodles but dumplings, and it all fresh ingredients and not condensed. Other than that, a perfectly disguised Cambell's Chunky Noodle Soup. :p

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
why use free range chicken and then biscuits from a can?

make the dam dumplings yourself. or at least use bisquick. but NEVER from a can....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
isn't it all just partially hydrogenated fatty oils and glycerols and junk? bisquik or from a can, it's the same stuff that's bad for you but oh-so-good and when it's all soaked in brothy goodness does it matter that much... hell, i dunno. i just typed what she told me she used. i ain't no dang chef, but all you playas hatin' up on my chicken soup need to step off! :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Full Trucker said:
whatya mean? i didn't see anything about chicken soup in that thread...

nah, i was just giving stosh crap about ignoring the fitness/nutrition forum and posting his question in the lounge.