Quantcast

i has new toy.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
nice.

holy dust bunnies. are you sure that's in the lens?

take an out of focus shot, severely stopped down, of a white wall, and then open the file in PS, w/ the contrast cranked. that will show what sensor dust you have (assuming you have a clean lens to shoot through).

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
nice.

holy dust bunnies. are you sure that's in the lens?

take an out of focus shot, severely stopped down, of a white wall, and then open the file in PS, w/ the contrast cranked. that will show what sensor dust you have (assuming you have a clean lens to shoot through).
If the lens has hit the dirty floor that many times, I'm sure the sensor looks like a used lint roller at this point too.

Mirror up and blow, yo.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
If the lens has hit the dirty floor that many times, I'm sure the sensor looks like a used lint roller at this point too.

Mirror up and blow, yo.
I need to go get a sensor cleaning kit, it's dirty as fvck too. Urban exploration is not kind to unsealed cameras and lens changes.

The Pentax was $275 for the whole setup...I'm kinda pissed that the company I bought it from (KEH) didn't tell me this particular body didn't have MLU, though. The mirror slap is insane...firing the shutter with the lens off creates a large gust of wind.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I need to go get a sensor cleaning kit, it's dirty as fvck too. Urban exploration is not kind to unsealed cameras and lens changes.
Even just a blower will do wonders. Lock the mirror and go to to town on it. The Giotto Rocket blower works really well.

You have a blower and you use it every few lens swaps.....right?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You wanted them to list all the features the camera didn't have? :rofl:
I just noticed when I was looking for a used one that most people noted if it didn't have MLU, as 90% of the 6x7s built did.

I have a Rocket Blower that I use fairly often, but it's of no help by now I'm afraid.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Did my first print off the Pentax today, is of a homeless (I assume) guy on the lower Haight that made me take a picture of him. The detail is astounding...I really want to do a 16x20 and go back there to give it to him. Also need to locate a neg scanner at school.