Quantcast

I hate being old

spec-rider88

Monkey
Oct 22, 2006
St.Leonard, MD
Man, that kid gets better everytime I see him. I was at Incline like a year ago, and he was throwin down on a bike AND a scooter. lol. Has Incline changed their set-up since last December? It looks a lot different in the video from the last time I was there.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
The kid is good. But not so good that he doesn't need to wear a helmet 100% of the time.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
He definitely shreds... but not being that good, still having fun and being able to buy beer isn't half bad.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
It humors me when kids are as old as my students, but they don't ride Walmart bikes and they ride better then I do at over twice their age. I do actually have a pro wakeboarder/snowboarder in one of my classes, but we all know thats not as cool as biking ;-)

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
haha, little Sean. He's a good kid besides being a good rider - helped me pick out an 18" for my son.

Those trails in the vid are ours. Footage is last summer when things were a little too dry on our Warm-Up line - it's pretty small but doesn't look too bad due to the small wheels. In one of the frames you can see where they lifted the cable to snake runs and film - little shjt.

Lakewood got redone this past spring. I haven't ridden it but it looks burly from the pics and vids. That was Big Daddy that was training him at Lakewood on the boxes - look up vids of him - he's a funny cat.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004

Beer is good and makes me forget I am old. A raysmtb local has a 13 year old son that pulled off a couple of 180 to fakie landings on a box jump last night! We were all impressed...

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
whats that kid's background? racer? parents that take him to the bikepark every day? woodward grom? dad/unlce that rides? or did he just learn at the park?

i remember when chase hawk was a 9th street grom. tiny little racer kid riding a mini, yelling to his dad watch this! watch this!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
whats that kid's background? racer? parents that take him to the bikepark every day? woodward grom? dad/unlce that rides? or did he just learn at the park?

i remember when chase hawk was a 9th street grom. tiny little racer kid riding a mini, yelling to his dad watch this! watch this!
I'm not totally certain but I think he rode Incline Club/Lakewood all the time for the past few years. I would see him at Lakewood everytime I was there and that wasn't often. Lakewood is Scotty Cranmer's place and besides Cranmer the other local talent there is pretty freakin' skilled so he's has some help and people to learn stuff off of.

When he came to our trails a few times he always had his mom. He was saying he was at Jenning's trails earlier in the day on one stop so I figure she brings him around to all the spots.

He's a wicked energetic kid - pretty much rides non-stop everytime I see him. I just hope he doesn't become a spin/t-whip ferrit and more importantly burn out before he turns 15.