Quantcast

i hate bmx'ers

rubrduk

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
la canada
i'm sitting here working on some art work crap with some bike vids playing on my media center behind me and a few bmx vids came up...Fit Life, Kill Me Now, and Living In Exile...i've had them for a while (my buddy left them here) and have never really, really watched them...until now!!

it is just stupid how technical those guys are...there are very few 26" guys that are as sick as these (that i've seen at least)...

Jeff Lenosky and Ryan Leech are not even human in my book...i've got most of the freeride, kranked, earthed, blah, blah, blah vids...those guys are just liquid flow and balance, but the bmx guys are just technical, brutal, way fast, no brakes, small tires, rigid, no helmets...you know, everything that makes me want to stab myself in the face and never look at my bike again

...*sigh*

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I'm glad this thread isn't what I thought it was... I was about to tell you to "fyck off and die."

Do you really live in Hollywood? That's where I live. Do you ever go up to the whoops?

snaky69

Monkey
Feb 10, 2007
Quebec, Canada
Totally. When I watch a BMX vid my bikes looks at me and spits me in the face for sucking so much.

Edit: I might be buying a 20 in the near future, all it needs is a new rear wheel(I dig chrome wheels, and it's pretty out of whack)

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
i think you should sell him one lee, he would blow away mtbing completely. slopestyle djs park and street it would be insane. those bmx guys are so progressive in what they do, it blows me away every time i watch the videos. i ran brakelss on my fall guy for a few months and learned a lot more without brakes on the street.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I've been riding bmx for 25 plus years. (minus the last 8 months due to a serious back injury..:(). I remember when bmx was seriously gay (1980's). the riding didn't exist back then as it does today. Bmx freestyle evolved over the years to become what it has today.

I also remember when mountain biking was pretty gay too. it was old guys, mostly roadies, pedaling around in the woods. mtn. bikers didn't jump, or bunnyhop or anything, they just pedaled around, like a roadie.

Give mtn. bikes more time to evolve and I bet we see them come into their own.

It ALLWAYS comes down to skill, not the bike.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
the level BMX is at right now is off the insanity scale...i see stuff in vids that i would of never thought possible. it's always hard to say if "MTB" guys are at or near the same skill level, but i have my doubts. BMX is usually a lot faster and smoother...but there are a few big bike riders like Adam Hauck and others that could be near the same level. when i see Hauck pull certain things on his 2-6er i wonder what more he could pull on a 20...

aarrrggg all these threads about BMX are making the waiting to buy one so much harder...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Come ride in my pathetic town and you WOULD mean your title in the way Cru feared. I feel bad for the guys/kids who actually DO ride here, cuz they aren't getting any respect from those who've met the rest.
I'm like 34 years old now(ouch) and I'VE even considered a 20...but what's the point? I can't even WATCH fast enough to know what those guys are pulling, let alone even trying to keep up. They can have their 20"ers and all my respect. I'll keep it low and slow on the twosixer and take whatever respect I can earn! I've finally hooked up with some true riders(20s) in a nearby town and they are cool enough to not only ride with the 26 boys, but are even cool enough to help me/us learn a few things. dope.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
yo cru, when we gonna get a street session going? there isnt much around here but down town looks pretty sick, and ive heard that bmxers ride out that way too.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I have tons of old BMx video's...road fools 1&2, and tons of props from the late 90 to early 2000 and the level of riding is still above MTB's today...D

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Those Damn bmx'ers !! I need to fix mine. I've been riding my brother's, and can almost do an alley oop 270* on a hip (doing like 210's) now.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
im seriously considering getting a flow dirt or flow street by fit. those things are dialed and i like rdiing street brakeless. may get the dirt purely for the fact i can run brakes if i want and ill look like mikey aitken

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
yo cru, when we gonna get a street session going? there isnt much around here but down town looks pretty sick, and ive heard that bmxers ride out that way too.
Yeah, we need to. That could be fun. I've got family in town for the next week, so that's out. You been up to da spot lately? I might make it out tomorrow for a bit.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
im seriously considering getting a flow dirt or flow street by fit. those things are dialed and i like rdiing street brakeless. may get the dirt purely for the fact i can run brakes if i want and ill look like mikey aitken
Do it! All groms should be on 20" BMXs. :lighten:

rubrduk

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
la canada
Yeah, we need to. That could be fun. I've got family in town for the next week, so that's out. You been up to da spot lately? I might make it out tomorrow for a bit.
hollywood hills represent

yeah...i'm up for it - i'm too old and brittle to do any real dj stuff, ScarredOne (from LBC) and myself have been hitting the campuses lately...decent riding for urban stuff

i'm only in town for a few more days (i travel for work) so hit me with a pm...i'm on a bum ankle after the last ride but i can still get a couple hours in

Vang_9tuzz

Chimp
May 26, 2007
Denmark
Yeah, bmx evolves you in a good way, i started on ht mtb rode it for street and dirt, not much in the woods, then after 2 years I switched to bmx and only rod that for over 1½ year and just restenly bought a sx trail I'm building up, but boroughed a trek xfuel and hit the woods, damn everything went so slow and rocks, ruts etc was nothing.
When you get used to the rigid, hard pumped tyres, steep'n'fast steering it really makes mtb'ing easier.
Can't wait until i get the few parts i need for my build!!

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
you should seen aaron chase ride a bmx, he could ride up to par with any of those guys, no lie.

rubrduk

Chimp
Sep 8, 2001
la canada
i hate getting all sentimental...but in my early bmx days (i remember when RAD came out and i had a sub to "freestylin' magazine") - we had some awesome short trails and jumps at an abandoned coal mine...affectionately called "the hill", "Little D", and "the bowl"...the hill was a single hill with a bunch of chutes off the sides with small jumps and small little smelly swap pond...there was a track of sorts around the entire thing that we buddy raced each other..."little D" was wicked, all kinds of fast trails...mostly for quads and dirtbikes but there was a good tight section that the bike buys kept up and then "the bowl" was just a big 8ft deep hole in a square shape with jumps in and out

....ahhh - i just got done watching Rad...i think i need to find a Rad Racing shirt now and buy an old Mongoose...i wonder if i can get some mag wheels and a plastic seat for my DMR