Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Somebody please end the madness.

Bush says fight against terror is World War III
AFP
Saturday, May 06, 2006 07:23 IST

WASHINGTON: United States President George W Bush has said the September 11 revolt of passengers against their hijackers on board Flight 93 had struck the first blow of World War III.

In an interview with the financial news network CNBC on Friday, Bush said he had yet to see the recently released film of the uprising, a dramatic portrayal of events on the United Airlines plane before it crashed in a Pennsylvania field.

But he said he agreed with the description of David Beamer, whose son Todd died in the crash, who in a Wall Street Journal commentary last month called it "our first successful counterattack in our homeland in this new global war – World War III".

Bush said, "I believe that. I believe that it was the first counterattack to World War III.

"It was, it was unbelievably heroic of those folks on the airplane to recognise the danger and save lives," he said.

Flight 93 crashed on the morning of September 11, 2001, killing the 33 passengers, seven crew members and four hijackers, after passengers stormed the cockpit and battled the hijackers for control of the aircraft.

The President has repeatedly praised the heroism of the passengers in fighting back and so launching the first blow of what he usually calls the "war on terror".

In 2002, then-White House spokesman Ari Fleischer explicitly declined to call the hunt for Osama bin Laden's Al Qaeda group and its followers World War III.
Cheney rebuke angers Russian press
BBC

Russian newspapers are taken aback by the criticisms of the Kremlin voiced by US Vice-President Dick Cheney at an eastern European summit in Vilnius, Lithuania.

Several take the view that the speech marks an attempt by the US to set up an anti-Russian regional grouping in place of the Moscow-led Commonwealth of Independent States.

One thinks the speech marks the resumption of the post-1945 Cold War, only with a new "front line".
President George W. Bush stunned Washington on Friday by accepting the resignation of CIA Director Porter J. Goss, and Republican sources told TIME that the White House plans to name his replacement on Monday: Air Force General Michael V. Hayden, who as Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence has been a visible and aggressive defender of the administration's controversial eavesdropping program. His nomination is sure to reignite the battle over the program on Capitol Hill, where one House Democrat promises "a partisan food fight" during the confirmation process.
Get these fvcktard clowns out of office now.

America: All it takes for evil to suceed is for good people to do nothing. Wake up and do something FFS.

Apr 22, 2006
Medfield, MA
First of all, those two morons are ruining our relationship/chessgame with Russia. In 2001, George Bush said this about Putin: "I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy..." That sounds suspiciously close to what Neville Chamberlain said about Hitler just before World War 2. Any president who would make such a similar comment is obviously in complete ignorance of history; his foreign policy certainly supports this idea.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Changleen said:
Somebody please end the madness.

America: All it takes for evil to suceed is for good people to do nothing. Wake up and do something FFS.
Here's the thing Chang... We are powerless to stop it. It is too late. (And by "We" I mean the good people of this nation. We're not ALL brain dead sheep)

I would love to do something to stop this madness, but what? I can vote against him during an election. I can speak out against him and try to educate people, but beyond that there's not alot I can do. I just don't have the hundreds of millions (if not billions) it would take to turn this around. People here don't listen to reason and logic, most of them are asshats who still think that big SUV's and a war against smoke and mirrors and shadows is the "right thing to do.

Seriously. How do I fight against the government? Don't get me wrong... I agree with you, I hate the current state of the USA. But these people just do not want to change.

I think that we (America) are farked. I think my only hope is to move to a small country that won't get nuked.

That said, I am still fighting. I still vote responsibly, using logic and reason. I still try to educate people and help them think independently, and logically. I love my country, and it saddens me to see what it has become. The thought that I may really have to move to another country not only for my own safety, but for my concience and soul as well depresses me tremendously.

Oct 7, 2005
Bozeman MT
Hey Chang, get a life man! I know you have better things to do than to sit and worry about America's situation. How about I make a new thread: "I hate Changleen so much right now." It wouldn't get me anywhere, and all you are doing when you post a thread like this is strengthen the support for President Bush.

So if you freaks want to be so brash as to say that his supporters are sheep, then you non-supporters are Anti-American. It's not that cut and dry but you're sure making it out to be as such. Get a f*cking life.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I think it's pretty cut and dried actually. Bush and his entire adminstration are nothing more than profiteering screwups of monumental proportions. Every new disaster they get themselves into effects people around the globe, not just their selfish selves or even just the American populace.

Every time one of the 3 stooges opens their mouths, something even more adbsurd comes out of it.

WW3, sure thing; geniuses. Liberation of Iraq, uh huh. Debt reduction, riiiiight.

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
alwaysbroncin19 said:
So if you freaks want to be so brash as to say that his supporters are sheep, then you non-supporters are Anti-American.
One of the reasons his followers are considered “sheep”, is because they will generally allow the administration to do the thinking for them, much like a herd of sheep will allow a Border Collie to direct them on where to go.

To be anti-administration you have to, at the very least, take it one step further and delve into a bit of the history that this administration is comprised of…

History about GW’s family connections (Arbusto Oil & the Bin Ladens, Nazi Germany relationships, Taliban & Al Qaeda Connections)… history of Karl Rove and just how long he has actually been influencing the White House… and you also have to be somewhat aware of the constant degrading of our civil liberties that this administration is now responsible for and who’s to really gain from all these unprecedented changes that have occurred.

These types of issues are usually too disturbing or complicated for the average American to handle and it would require them to “think” for themselves more than they are willing to do, so they choose not to educated themselves or form their own political perspective on the state of affairs and just sit back with a smile on their face, while the government spoon feeds them misinformation and half truths. Ignorance is Bliss… right?

If you’re a person, like yourself, that is either unaware of some of this history and facts or just too dumb to understand them, trying to get caught up at this point could be a daunting task… but please try, you’ll thank yourself later on in life I’m sure.

You really shouldn’t be bashing Changleen, you should be thanking him for being concerned about all of us, and for being so vigilant during these times of such massive public unawareness. I’m sure that you know he does reside in a different country and really doesn’t even have to give us the time of day, but he does.

So easy on the insults, turn off FOX, and go educate yourself… then come back and post something that actually has some value.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
At this point in time, with the crimes this Admin has committed, anyone who fully supports the POTUS is completely and 100% is one of two things: a greedy bastard getting fat off the system or a sheep.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
GoldCoast1969 said:
First of all, those two morons are ruining our relationship/chessgame with Russia. In 2001, George Bush said this about Putin: "I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straight forward and trustworthy..." That sounds suspiciously close to what Neville Chamberlain said about Hitler just before World War 2. Any president who would make such a similar comment is obviously in complete ignorance of history; his foreign policy certainly supports this idea.
You forgot the best part:

"I was able to get a sense of his soul."

:looney:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Ciaran said:
And by "We" I mean the good people of this nation. We're not ALL brain dead sheep
I know, that's one of the reasons I like the :monkey: - There a lot of good people on here.

I would love to do something to stop this madness, but what? I can vote against him during an election. I can speak out against him and try to educate people, but beyond that there's not alot I can do. I just don't have the hundreds of millions (if not billions) it would take to turn this around. People here don't listen to reason and logic, most of them are asshats who still think that big SUV's and a war against smoke and mirrors and shadows is the "right thing to do.

Seriously. How do I fight against the government? Don't get me wrong... I agree with you, I hate the current state of the USA. But these people just do not want to change.
Even this is a small stand. If literate, intelligent people continue to take the time to speak out about this, then that is a start.

Please just keep it on the agenda of people in your life. Don't let people ignore what is being done 'in their name'. As you know, when you take the time to see the big picture, you can see the real problems with this administration and what they are doing to the world.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
alwaysbroncin19 said:
Hey Chang, get a life man! I know you have better things to do than to sit and worry about America's situation.
If this was just about the US I would feel sooo much better. It is not. The US's actions affect the entire world, and not just in a fleeting way either. Please recognise that. What Bush does really does affect the planet, not just the US. Especially recently.

So if you freaks want to be so brash as to say that his supporters are sheep, then you non-supporters are Anti-American. It's not that cut and dry but you're sure making it out to be as such. Get a f*cking life.
So you are actually contending that questioning Bush is anti-American? I would say that in reality right now the Bush administration is the most anti-American thing on the planet.

Can I ask you a serious question? Why do you believe in Bush so much?

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
the Inbred said:
****in' liberals.
By this am I to assume you're a Texas-pride, Bush supportin' sheep? Dude, you can't just shut the brain down and start smoking the endless bowl after you get out of school.

I'm surprised that the GWB administration hasn't legalized weed, or some other form of drug so as to keep the mass sheeps in a state of numb comfort.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Pau11y said:
By this am I to assume you're a Texas-pride, Bush supportin' sheep? Dude, you can't just shut the brain down and start smoking the endless bowl after you get out of school.

I'm surprised that the GWB administration hasn't legalized weed, or some other form of drug so as to keep the mass sheeps in a state of numb comfort.
I hope Inbred was being sarcastic...

But anyway isn't that what most cable channels are for?

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Well, I hate to point this out again but I think its still valid. How can the population of this country make an intelligent decision w/ the level of education the way it is currently? Over 50% of the population can't give the name of the state two away from their own on a map. And, there's a larger percentage than you'd ever think that can't even find the state that they're currently in! If you need an example of the quality of education this nation offers, just look at some of the posts TheMontashu throws up. You'd sh!t yourself when you see that kids spelling! I mean I'm pretty bad, but that kid makes me look like a friggin' dictionary!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Pau11y said:
Well, I hate to point this out again but I think its still valid. How can the population of this country make an intelligent decision w/ the level of education the way it is currently? Over 50% of the population can't give the name of the state two away from their own on a map. And, there's a larger percentage than you'd ever think that can't even find the state that they're currently in! If you need an example of the quality of education this nation offers, just look at some of the posts TheMontashu throws up. You'd sh!t yourself when you see that kids spelling! I mean I'm pretty bad, but that kid makes me look like a friggin' dictionary!
No, I totally agree with you. Education is fundamental. People need to learn to think critically most of all.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
One major problem is everyone (that's not a felon) can vote. They can vote without knowing anything about who or what they are voting for. If you look at the red vs blue states, you see a clear division of the population.

If there was a way to make people understand what they are voting for and not let them vote for issues they don't understand, things WOULD change.

I for one vote, but I also don't vote on issues I haven't looked into on my own. I don't pay attention to tv ads, but I do read for and against info as well as look at what other groups are saying and supporting and why.

If we had educated voters in this country, there would be a change. Until then, it will continue to to be a popularity contest to run a powerful country.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Pau11y said:
no Texan-pride here, that i'm aware of. Support Bush on some things, not on others. won't shut down my brain and start smokin' endless bowls. that's the libie's' role.

woowoo!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
:dead:

An Internet poll sponsored by NewsMax.com reveals that Americans are overwhelmingly in favor of the United States undertaking military action to stop Iran’s nuclear weapons program.

Nearly 60,000 people have taken part in the poll so far, and more than nine out of 10 say U.S. efforts to contain Iran’s weapons program are not working.

A large majority of respondents also believe that Iran poses a greater threat than Saddam Hussein did before the Iraq War.

NewsMax will provide the results of this poll to major media and share them with radio talk-show hosts across the country.

Here are the poll questions and results:

1) Do you believe U.S. efforts to contain Iran’s nuclear weapons program are working?
Working: 7 percent
Not Working: 93 percent

2) Should the United States rely solely on the U.N. to stop Iran’s nuclear weapons program?
Yes: 11 percent
No: 89 percent

3) Do you believe Iran poses a greater threat than Saddam Hussein did before the Iraq War?
Yes: 88 percent
No: 12 percent

4) Should the U.S. undertake military action against Iran to stop their program?
Yes: 77 percent
No: 23 percent

5) Who should undertake military action against Iran first?
U.S.: 45 percent
Israel: 35 percent
Neither: 20 percent

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If we hadn't screwed up Iraq so badly, I'd support a more invasion solution to Iran's nukes... but I wouldn't trust this Admin with more power for an overt solution.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
3) Do you believe Iran poses a greater threat than Saddam Hussein did before the Iraq War?

trick question. Saddaam wasn't a threat.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Transcend said:

trick question. Saddaam wasn't a threat.
He wasn't?

He wasn't continually trying to build various bio, chem and long-distance missle weaponry that only CONSTANT supervision from the UNMOVIC team could keep under control?

Huh.

Guess I read different reports.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
LordOpie said:
He wasn't?

He wasn't continually trying to build various bio, chem and long-distance missle weaponry that only CONSTANT supervision from the UNMOVIC team could keep under control?

Huh.

Guess I read different reports.
I think Transcend meant he was no threat to America.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
911 was the biggest fvck-over by the friggin' corrupt US government on the citizens of US, pulled off for the sole "reason" to go get oil. Now they got it, those same asshats jack the price and fvck the ppl of US over on a daily basis in the price of gas at the pumps. The rich get richer and everyone else gets a bigger shaft in the ass!
Bush's lack of reaction to 911 while reading to the little kids was because he knew it was going down and prob did all he could to keep a straight face infront of the camera. The family's crooked, as is with most of the suits in DC. Trusting a politician is like the fox/hen house analogy!
This country is due for a revolution, and I think someone w/ a business background, instead of friggin' actors and pop icons needs to step up to the plate. Now, if only sheeps will will get their heads out of their collective asses, TV and movies, maybe someone of descent quality will be elected and guide this decaying empire out of it's current hell!

Ok, rant over. Going to dinner now.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
if we get the military involved with the iran conflict i am going up to canada and i am completely serious when i say that. our armed forces are so spread out that we cant handle anymore conflicts, aside from the ones that we are barely handling right now, without a draft. and i know my parents will support me if i head up to canada as i know they sure as hell dont want me in the military.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Nah, we can definitely handle 3-4 more conflicts simulateously.

We only need the manpower we've got in Iraq to try to be a kinder, gentler invader.