Quantcast

I hate Christmas.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i guess i'm over christmas. i mean it's nice to see family (to an extent, mine seems to go crazy around this time of year), it's nice to get some free **** when it's actually something i like and will use, but if my family just decided not to celebrate it anymore i wouldn't really care.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Like the dumbass (sanjuro), I used to love this day. my friends and I would go street riding and get to ride the areas that normally had cars/people all over and the security guards seemed to be few and far between.

Right now it's snow/raining and I'm in bed with a Fosters. :cheers:

I don't get into the music or the buying of crap/giving of crap.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
My family does the same thing every year pretty much. We give some presents to each other on Christmas eve (we don't go nuts...I got my brother a cookbook and a bottle of wine and my sister a frying pan because I knew she needed/wanted one), then drive up to Boston to spend Christmas with the extended family. Basically have a 5 hour party with tons of food. Then wake up, chill out and have another lower key party the day after.

For the extended family, we decided a few years ago not to get each other presents anymore. Now only the little kids get stuff- the rest of us pool money and draw names to have people pick charities to give it to. It's a nice system. Makes Christmas a little better.

My favorite holiday is probably 4th of July, though. Beer, food, backyard parties, exploding stuff and no expectations.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
today was a good day

The 90 yr old lady with difficulty breathing at 1am and called 911 made it. I slept in then gave the wife a card telling her I loved her. [we don't do the gift giving crap]

Ruth a I hung out in the kitchen fixing a turkey dinner for the two of us and our 3 dogs. We took the dogs out for a walk in a light snow then had an early dinner and built a nice fire in the fireplace

there were no 911 calls for the Fire Dept today

yep its a good day so far

Last edited:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Meh. I used to let the holidays control my moods. Not anymore.

I learned a few years back that I am in control of my moods, my happiness and how I let these external influences affect me. If christmas pisses you off and makes things unbearable then YOU need to look at what is causing this and take action. It's not the holidays, it's you.

If your family just doesn't understand you, and never buys you good gifts then you either need to talk to them and explain to them what you want, spend more time with them and let them get to know you, or realize and accept that it's not what they get you, but that they thought enough of you to get you something in the first place.

Honestly I think you all who get all scroogy at the holidays do it because you enjoy it. You don't HAVE to do this stuff you know.
ok I totally agree and I understand your point...my big beef with the holidays is all the people that get pissed because I don`t celebrate Christmas...they act like something is wrong with me!:rant:

I refuse to participate in a bunch of holidays where folks have long forgotten the true meaning and just blindly engage in the mindless consumerism of it all....D