Quantcast

I hate Coldplay

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
But can't stop listening to their new, overproduced, utter crap album.

Why?

It makes me feel so fuzzies insides :(

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
your right.. i feel the same way..
I have listened to the album and have yet to take it out of the car.
Then the other day a song was playing on the radio.
I thought to myself, self.. thats a pretty cool song, sure enough it was theirs

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Coldplay sucks, but they are nowhere close to being as ****ty as Nickelback. Nickelback is somewhere in my top 3 worst bands ever, along with Def Leppard and U2.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Coldplay sucks, but they are nowhere close to being as ****ty as Nickelback. Nickelback is somewhere in my top 3 worst bands ever, along with Def Leppard and U2.
U2 I think is a sad example of how not to age.

I think their first 5 albums were good rock albums, with a natural progression from gritty garage band to an adeptly produced megagroup.

After that, they lost it. Too much fame.

Compare it the Stones, who started in 1964 and made some great songs as late as the early 80's, I have never begrudged their $150-a-ticket senior tour because they are that great.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
U2 I think is a sad example of how not to age.

I think their first 5 albums were good rock albums, with a natural progression from gritty garage band to an adeptly produced megagroup.

After that, they lost it. Too much fame.

Compare it the Stones, who started in 1964 and made some great songs as late as the early 80's, I have never begrudged their $150-a-ticket senior tour because they are that great.
I can agree with that to some extent. Their early stuff was respectable, if not my favorite music ever. Current U2 blows hard.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
I saw Coldplay for the third time last night. We were seven rows from the right edge of the stage. Awesome show.
Lots of people say they are boring. My stepmother even told me that. I used to think they were pretty good after hearing Clocks and The Scientist on the radio. Then I saw them live and saw the energy they put into their music and I gained a whole new appreciation. I'm actually in a band that plays a few Coldplay songs now.
Everybody has different taste. It would be ridiculous if everybody liked the same music. Personally, I hate the Rolling Stones. I hate most indie stuff that so many people love. I love a lot of progressive rock/metal. Almost everything on the radio is trash. I hardly ever listen to the radio, and when I do I am surprised to find out that some music that I have on my iPod is actually popular. Who cares?