Quantcast

I hate living in SF

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, that is better than the other title I had in mind...

I live in Bernal Heights, and I was walking home tonight when I see the most beautiful girl outside a new bar, and she seemed lively and animated too, not just some barbie doll.

Then I realized where I lived, took a look inside this new bar and saw all women and no men, and I just went home without even saying a word. What's the point?

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Uh.. I don't remember San Francisco as having a lot of hot chicks. Well, I guess compared to Berkely they do.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Dude, even if she was straight she wouldn't have given you the time of day!

Women are wierd in this city. Well, the men are too! Damn, we're surrounded by crazies. Just go work out those blues on your bike tomorrow and everything will be better!

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
i can't imagine why anyone would want to live in such an expensive city to begin with...or state for that matter

its gonna fall into the ocean one of these days anyways so get while the gettin' is good

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
ridetoofast said:
i can't imagine why anyone would want to live in such an expensive city to begin with...or state for that matter

its gonna fall into the ocean one of these days anyways so get while the gettin' is good
Beach, mountains, world-class climbing, skiing year-round, great food, lots of culture.

Yeah. I can't imagine why people put up with all that.

:p

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Beach, mountains, world-class climbing, skiing year-round, great food, lots of culture.

Holy smokes. Did you just say something nice about anything that wasn't CO??? Realized CO isn't so perfect after that trip to OH, huh??? :think:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
SkaredShtles said:

yeah I was there for 12 years...only reason we left was high cost of living...D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
After visiting Portland, which is as friendly as New Orleans (the friendliest town in America), I am starting to think SF is as uptight as NYC, but much more repressed. At least in NY you can curse at each other, but here people have to use some passive-aggressive statement.

Yesterday, me and my buddy had locked up our bikes next to a road bike. Later a girl was unlocking her road bike and was struggling to get it free. We went out to help her, and she made some snotty remark like she didn't need our help. I almost said something really nasty and very non-PC in response.

Earlier my buddy and I were eating our lunch on my stoop, when a car does a real slow drive-by, staring at our bikes locked to my car rack. It looked like he was scoping our bikes, so I said "keep moving". He then stopped his car and starts yelling at us that he wasn't a thief. Then he apparently drives around the block, and gets out and starts yelling at us again, stuff like "I own a house here, I'm not a wetback" (his words, not mine). Finally I told him to take off. If he wasn't going to steal our bikes, he acted awfully suspicious.

You might accuse me of being too uptight, but I think I will stop being polite soon, and see what kind of trouble it gets me into.

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
sanjuro said:
Well, that is better than the other title I had in mind...

I live in Bernal Heights, and I was walking home tonight when I see the most beautiful girl outside a new bar, and she seemed lively and animated too, not just some barbie doll.

Then I realized where I lived, took a look inside this new bar and saw all women and no men, and I just went home without even saying a word. What's the point?
Aw, now imagine being a lesbian and living almost anywhere else in the U.S.... hardly any bar to go to find a love prospect. At least the hot chick you saw is gonna go home happy. Meanwhile, if she came to D.C. she'd have one lesbian bar option: one bar on Wednesday nights. :nopity:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
"I hate when I see a hot lesbian...."

As if you had any chance if it was a hot straight chick.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
I really like SF. Granted I've only been here 4 days I'm really impressed. Too bad it's always foggy.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Aw, now imagine being a lesbian and living almost anywhere else in the U.S.... hardly any bar to go to find a love prospect. At least the hot chick you saw is gonna go home happy. Meanwhile, if she came to D.C. she'd have one lesbian bar option: one bar on Wednesday nights. :nopity:
Well, as an Asian living in places like Hartford and New Orleans, I have no idea what being a MINORITY is like!!!!!!

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Hey who said she was a lesbian? It's SF, pretty good chance it's a drag bar, eh. If it really is a lesbo bar and you can walk to it from your house, then it seems like a sweet place to start hang out at. You know, don't hit on the chicks, but you could get some insane chick advice. Maybe one night you could get lucky and be kidnaped by a group of drunkin bi-chicks. :sneaky:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
ncrider said:
Hey who said she was a lesbian? It's SF, pretty good chance it's a drag bar, eh. If it really is a lesbo bar and you can walk to it from your house, then it seems like a sweet place to start hang out at. You know, don't hit on the chicks, but you could get some insane chick advice. Maybe one night you could get lucky and be kidnaped by a group of drunkin bi-chicks. :sneaky:
Apparently you have never met a lesbian in real life. I do hang out at one of the local bars, and the women there vary from zero interest towards men to sometimes open hostility.

Tell you what, wander into a bar called "Divas" or "Rubyfruit Jungle" or "Clit Club", and try using the word "lesbo" there. Or just hang out there as the only man in the bar and see what kind of reaction you receive.

SF is interesting because minorities groups tend to the majority here. I just find it frustrating at times, particularily since I can only talk about it in the Lounge...

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
sanjuro said:
Apparently you have never met a lesbian in real life. I do hang out at one of the local bars, and the women there vary from zero interest towards men to sometimes open hostility.

Tell you what, wander into a bar called "Divas" or "Rubyfruit Jungle" or "Clit Club", and try using the word "lesbo" there. Or just hang out there as the only man in the bar and see what kind of reaction you receive.

SF is interesting because minorities groups tend to the majority here. I just find it frustrating at times, particularily since I can only talk about it in the Lounge...
ummm i think you took that coment a little seriously man. notice the smilie he put.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Pau11y said:
Baaahahaha... I'm w/ your bro. But hate to tell ya and H8R, Capt. Jack Sparrow is friggin' HOT from her pic in the Pic Thread.... :D
Uh...DUH, everyone knows that.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
sanjuro said:
After visiting Portland, which is as friendly as New Orleans (the friendliest town in America), I am starting to think SF is as uptight as NYC, but much more repressed. At least in NY you can curse at each other, but here people have to use some passive-aggressive statement.

Yesterday, me and my buddy had locked up our bikes next to a road bike. Later a girl was unlocking her road bike and was struggling to get it free. We went out to help her, and she made some snotty remark like she didn't need our help. I almost said something really nasty and very non-PC in response.

Earlier my buddy and I were eating our lunch on my stoop, when a car does a real slow drive-by, staring at our bikes locked to my car rack. It looked like he was scoping our bikes, so I said "keep moving". He then stopped his car and starts yelling at us that he wasn't a thief. Then he apparently drives around the block, and gets out and starts yelling at us again, stuff like "I own a house here, I'm not a wetback" (his words, not mine). Finally I told him to take off. If he wasn't going to steal our bikes, he acted awfully suspicious.

You might accuse me of being too uptight, but I think I will stop being polite soon, and see what kind of trouble it gets me into.
Yeah, like you have ever been one to hold your tongue.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I went to visit my sister in SF last year and I know exactly what you are talkin about. I'ts like everyone there becomes a total Biznitch must be all that crap in the air.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I've been here for nine years and despite some good reasons I don't want to leave yet. Some of you are confused if you think every other bar is full of trannies ready to play the crying game. I'm not sure what Sanjuro's problem was, but personally I like living in a place with lots of diversity.

For a city with too many people, there sure are a lot people who complain and yet don't leave.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
OGRipper said:
I've been here for nine years and despite some good reasons I don't want to leave yet. Some of you are confused if you think every other bar is full of trannies ready to play the crying game. I'm not sure what Sanjuro's problem was, but personally I like living in a place with lots of diversity.

For a city with too many people, there sure are a lot people who complain and yet don't leave.
I left Oakland after living all around the east bay my whole life.

Too many people from SF moved over the bridge.

:blah:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I usually hit the Macworld Expo, and I love that town. I just avoid bars called The Manhole or where bands called Clitty Litter are playing.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
H8R said:
I left Oakland after living all around the east bay my whole life.

Too many people from SF moved over the bridge.

:blah:

I can imagine it sucks to be a native and see a bunch of clowns from out of town show up and clog everything to hell, making everything more expensive and less enjoyable. I didn't move to the east bay, but still - sorry dude. :D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OGRipper said:

I like the diversity, but I think it comes at a price. I find people much less friendly here than I would have ever expected. I think there are too many people here, not too much diversity...

It does remind me of NYC in this regard.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
OGRipper said:
I can imagine it sucks to be a native and see a bunch of clowns from out of town show up and clog everything to hell, making everything more expensive and less enjoyable. I didn't move to the east bay, but still - sorry dude. :D
The late 90's were the worst, the .com boom had a flood of yuppie-soon-to-be-laid-off f*cks streaming in and jacking up rent and getting people evicted.

The result? The rent went up but the crime rate didn't go down. Pay through the ass to live in a place where your car would get jacked. :rolleyes:

I moved to Santa Rosa last year w/ the hope of buying a house that actually has enough room to live in, and a school that I'm not scared to send my kid to.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
sanjuro said:
I think there are too many people here.
Agreed, and yet, I don't want to leave. So you go and leave more room for me. :eviltongu

:rolleyes:

H8R said:
I moved to Santa Rosa last year w/ the hope of buying a house that actually has enough room to live in, and a school that I'm not scared to send my kid to.
I am stupid and still rent. I don't want to leave, but I can't see paying $700K for an apartment. I am stupid for not buying a year or two ago. I am stupid for not buying last weekend. Did I mention that I am stupid?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
H8R said:
The late 90's were the worst, the .com boom had a flood of yuppie-soon-to-be-laid-off f*cks streaming in and jacking up rent and getting people evicted.

The result? The rent went up but the crime rate didn't go down. Pay through the ass to live in a place where your car would get jacked. :rolleyes:

:stupid: are you a native also, H8R? Y'all live in Santa Rosa...hotter'n tarnation there isn't it?

I recall Jello Biafra doing a radio spot about the outta towners jackin up rent...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dh girlie said:
I think everyone that bitches about SF and Cali should just leave...I mean, really...it's the outta towners that have driven up property and rental pricing and has overcrowded the state...one in every nine people in cali is a native. :eek: If its so bad...gdfo.
Good point. BTW, native San Josean?