Quantcast

I Hate Mondays!!

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
So at work yesterday (Applebee's), forty people walked in and ordered steaks, appetizers, and desserts, 30 minutes before close and we didn't get out of work for 2 hours late. That in itself was an inconvenience but part of the job and tolerable. But the day got worse.....

I went out to start the truck because my roommate had called up saying something had happened at the apartment and I was anxious to resolve the matter. I left my lights on apparently when I went in at 5 and my battery was dead. Time for a cigarette. Hmph.. lighter was dead. To make a long story short finally I got a jump from one of the girls at work (Never leave home without cables, for others, of course). But wait the day got worse...

I get home to find out my Wii was stolen.:disgust1: It was by far the main item I got for Christmas and my brother and his wife waited through cold rain in a city two hours from where they live for six hours one night to get it for me. The gift was a complete surprise and probably one of the best gifts anyone has bought for me since I was a kid. Now the Blacksburg Police Department has told me that it was probably someone who knew me that kicked in the window frame and relieved me of it.

Thank goodness they didn't take my laptop or my bike and I guess I'm pretty much guaranteed to have a better day as I'm waking up this morning. I hate lazy people and am looking forward to a night off tonight. I'm gonna park around the corner, cut the lights off, and sit in the living room with my shotgun.

Hope yall's day went better.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Man, that just plain sucks. Sorry to hear about your luck.

Does that little talking apple ever come around your Applebees?

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
I don't like that little apple because ever since we switched up the menu and advertising we gotten way busier, for the same amount of pay. But it's a job that fits into a school schedule, or for those sitting on a semester suspension, it allows me to go riding before clocking in at 5pm.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Shoot man that's nothing - Sunday night I watch food ball with some friends. We ate chilli dogs and nachos (yummy) Monday I had the worse case of sharts ever. I don't even want to tell you what my riding shorts looked like after my late afternoon ride.

I don't want to hear any more crying out of you