Quantcast

I Hate My Job, So I Just Quit!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Didn't you recently score that gig? Also wasn't it good?

Mmmm drinking...
It was a nice gig, but the lack of intelligence towards saving files, doing things how real agencies work, people taking credit for my research, ideas and designs got to be too much...

I was there 6 months...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
You're not the man I think you are if you didn't leave a turd in a file somewhere...

Are you a people person? I need someone to sell shoes to the downtrodden and fat.

Last edited:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Idiot!!!!!!!!!

You could have had so much fun getting fired and then collect unemployment.

Goddamit I wish that was an option for me.
AZ unemployment sucks, and my claim when I was fired was instantly denied. They make you fight for $200 a week.

There's freelance around as ad agencies are poor right now and don't want to pay for benefits. Do a brochure or a couple logos a week and I'll be good.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
AZ unemployment sucks, and my claim when I was fired was instantly denied. They make you fight for $200 a week.

There's freelance around as ad agencies are poor right now and don't want to pay for benefits. Do a brochure or a couple logos a week and I'll be good.
OK, but you're missing the point. You could have a lot of fun with the office tards and really push the envelope with what they would tolerate.

For example, you could smoke a giant spliff while walking around in your underwear after you banged a hooker on the copy machine.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
OK, but you're missing the point. You could have a lot of fun with the office tards and really push the envelope with what they would tolerate.
I'm 6'1", 230, I am very passionate and intense about what I do and I am quick to verbally punish ignorance. I also have my dads face who looked pissed off all of the time... The young designers (and management) were a bit intimidated by me, but I came up with cool sh1t, and made people laugh as well, so they left me alone. When they start taking credit for what I do, I said fuq that.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
:hmm: hey man, maybe its time to open up shop yourself.

yes?
Did that for a few years when I first came down to AZ. A lot of headaches associated with running your own design firm, but if I could finally surround myself with awesome people, maybe...