Quantcast

I hate: People driving in winter on summer tires.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
where?

Does anyone have multiple set of rims with different tires for different conditions... like many of us do for our bikes?
2 sets for my wife's car. Just got true snow tires for my truck and will be picking up a second set of factory wheels for my all terrain tires to go on in the spring.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Costco. Michelin X-Ice. And man are these tires nice. I now choose to drive the van over the Subaru when it's snowy/icy. :busted:

Yup. I spent right around $400 for new tires and (used) rims.
Cool. We're members... did they sell you the used rims? $400 for a full set seems rather inexpensive.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
My car through high school and college was a '65 V8 Mustang. Even with snow tires it was a constant battle not to fishtail. I got mah winter drivin' learnin' down good.

Last year, Tucson got about 1" of snow. The snow melted quickly, but the bridges over the "river" (a huge dry wash) still had a very small amount of frost on them. The city SHUT DOWN and blocked off ALL bridges for about 4 hours, which basically cut off the entire East side of the city. For frost! I was dumbstruck... but I had an excuse not to get to work until noon that day because of it. :D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
its still faster than a camino
Nah the modern one is faster than yours. The next generation vette platform does over 200mph.

edit: Maloo R8 307 kW

wiki said:
Depending on the period, V8 engines have over the years been a mixture of domestic Holden units and others imported from General Motors in the United States. Currently the same 6-litre Gen. IV engine used in the Chevrolet Corvette powers the V8 Holden ute with over 400 hp (300 kW) on tap, making these vehicles officially the quickest production trucks in the world.