Quantcast

I hate pools!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
well its that time of the year when those large masses of water need to be covered. Today was the day I decided to do so. first off.. it isnt even my pool, its mom's. secondly i did not go in it at all for the past 3 years. thirdly.. mom decided since she has not been in it in the past month to cease chlorinating it.. therefore it was green and smelly.. and added 2 hours of additional work to close it for the summer. The pool is surrounded by a deck.. so of course puttingthe cover on is always a huge hassle. then there is cleaning out the pump.. another mess... all in all 6 hours down the drain ( actually literaly) and I am done.. a little smelly but done.

Ok I feel better .. sorry for the rant but where else can i go where people dont lsiten and ignore me??? :cool:

I feel better now that I showered

Have a nice day

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I hate pools too!
The last year we had out above ground I slowly drained the chlorine and let it freeze in the winter to have a hockey rink but I fell through because it wasn't thick enough. FREAKIN POOLS!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
MMike said:
This will be my first season of pool. I'm having it winterized by a pro.... It's concrete so it doesn't get covered. It gets draiend completely in the spring.
sounds a lot easier.. by a pro huh???

I always wanted to get someone to do mine.. but i always have this thought in my mind.. why pay someone to do something I could do myself... damn thats a stupid thought..

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
hooples3 said:
sounds a lot easier.. by a pro huh???

I always wanted to get someone to do mine.. but i always have this thought in my mind.. why pay someone to do something I could do myself... damn thats a stupid thought..
it's $140 for the whole thing. They blow out all of the lines with air and everything......

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMike said:
This will be my first season of pool. I'm having it winterized by a pro.... It's concrete so it doesn't get covered. It gets draiend completely in the spring.

I would still cover it so it would be less o a pain to clean with all the crap that will fall in it over the fall/winter/spring

I have a pool...they are a big pain in the arse, yes I said arse!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:
Chillin!
You been riding much?
actually yeah.. im working nights ad have been riding during the day.. got two good rides in this week.. only thing the have been solo since everyone else is working

I gotta run .. enjoy the weekend!!!!! say hi to Aubrey.. how is she feeling???

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
actually yeah.. im working nights ad have been riding during the day.. got two good rides in this week.. only thing the have been solo since everyone else is working

I gotta run .. enjoy the weekend!!!!! say hi to Aubrey.. how is she feeling???
She's hanging in there.

I like riding alone though.... I would enjoy doing that during the day instead of working here... :)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
hooples3 said:
well its that time of the year when those large masses of water need to be covered. Today was the day I decided to do so. first off.. it isnt even my pool, its mom's. secondly i did not go in it at all for the past 3 years. thirdly.. mom decided since she has not been in it in the past month to cease chlorinating it.. therefore it was green and smelly.. and added 2 hours of additional work to close it for the summer. The pool is surrounded by a deck.. so of course puttingthe cover on is always a huge hassle. then there is cleaning out the pump.. another mess... all in all 6 hours down the drain ( actually literaly) and I am done.. a little smelly but done.
I bet you won't be saying that next year when it's 103F in the shade, you've had 9 beers and you need to take a piss. :thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
See, here in SoCal we use our pools year round. Nothing like getting into the 90 degree pool when it's a down right chilly 50 degrees outside. :D