Quantcast

I hate SBC.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I've been on the phone with them for like 2 weeks. Nothing gets resolved. I keep getting transferred.

How hard is it to transfer an internet account from one apartment to another? I requested this service 2 weeks ago. I wanted to retain my month to month status, blah blah blah. The dude on the phone said no problem, and then something about providing me excellent customer service.

Dammit. I called them again today to double check the status of my account and the guy tells me (after talking about providing me excellent customer service) oh you signed a new contract for a year. WTF? I don't want another year contract. I've fulfilled my year contract already. And he says, well you get a discount for the first 6 months. The nerve of these people. What part of "i don't want a year contract" don't they understand?

Back in the Bay Area, SBC screwed me for months charging me ridiculous fees on my monthly bill for a modem I never ordered. I kept calling and calling and each time a manager would help me out and say "Sir, I am the manager and I can assure you that this will be taken care of". It was only until I contacted some consumer advocacy group, that finally the next day after I filed my complaint, some SBC official called me to personally apologize for 3 months of aggravation.

Damn these bastards. Not only that. My internet doesn't work. Sweet! I guess it's my fault though for dealing with them again. :nopity:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Craw said:
<snip>Damn these bastards. Not only that. My internet doesn't work. Sweet! I guess it's my fault though for dealing with them again. :nopity:
Yep. Tell 'em to stuff their Internet access and go with someone else.........

I'm stuck with Comcast for high speed at my house. :mumble:

-S.S.-

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
Yeah, SBC sucks for me so far too. I wanted to get cable because of the speed difference, but there's no one who does it here, and sure enough SBC DSL is slow as ballz. Plus, it took myself (a relatively tech savy person) all day and like 6 phone calls to get it properly set-up. I'm not very happy either.

Craw said:
Dammit. I called them again today to double check the status of my account and the guy tells me (after talking about providing me excellent customer service) oh you signed a new contract for a year. WTF? I don't want another year contract. I've fulfilled my year contract already. And he says, well you get a discount for the first 6 months. The nerve of these people. What part of "i don't want a year contract" don't they understand?
ask them to fax you a copy of what you signed. they'll back down REAL fast when they can't produce it.

cell phone companies do the same thing.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
my SBC dsl set up really easy, and is lightening fast, when it works :mad: :mad: :mad: It goes down about 1-2 times a month for 12-24 hrs each time, and it always happens when you need it most, and the customer service rep who probably is more stupid than jessica simpson says "sorry sir theres nothing we can do, just wait" :mad:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
For some reason SBC just plain sux! I hate them fvckers soooo much! Got screwed by them on my DSL too. Even my own dear mother (who works for SBC!) hates them! Even she gets bad service, and she's a dang employee.

SHEESH!

Go with cable. I use charter and am getting a real 3 Mbps down. Never goes down either.

Ciaran... getting off my anti-SBC soapbox now