Quantcast

I HATE stupid SUV drivers!

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Yesterday I was driving down this road to go drop my brother off at his school, it was a 2 lane road, but the entire left lane was filled with parked cars. On the right side of the road there was an unfenced construction site, that was basically just a lot of loose dirt and a bit of shallow mud (1" or so). I'm driving down this road and theres 8 cars behind me, then some lady in a brand new toyota land cruiser decides to drive down this road straight towards me. I just keep moving forward and so does she, she stops first. She then gets out and comes over to my window and tells me to back up (about 500ft) so that she can get to the end of this road. There are 8 cars behind me, but she doesnt seem to care. I tell her I cant back up because of all of the cars and she then tells me i should just start backing up and they'll get the picture and also start backing up. I say that theres no way im doing that. I tell her to pull up over the curb and into the dirt so me and then 8 cars can pass, then she can go back onto the road and no one has to back up. She says to me "I cant pull up into that dirt because i might get some mud on my car and break something" I tell her that she has a $50000 large suv made with off roading in mind and that if she goes slow she wont even get it dirty, yet she says I have no idea what im talking about and tellls me she doesnt want to wreck her car. I'm really fed up with her right now, so I ask her to go back to her car and I'll start backing up. Once shes back in her car I gunned it over the curb and into the mud and splattered the whole driver's side of her pretty white suv with a nice spray of brown goo :oink: I can understand being scared to take your H2 into some mud, but damn people like her shouldnt be allowed to buy Land Cruisers.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
The ultimate would have been if the mud splattered on the Land Cruiser spelled out PWN3D!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
In Sun Valley Idaho, there is this 40 mile dirt road that connects Sun Valley to Mackey. The road is made from chip rock, and is notrorius for flats. No cell service, and tow trucks refuse to come pick you up, or they charge hella extra. There are no towns on the way, and no form of help at all. Any ways, i always like to drive about 60 mph on this road with my old Subi Legacy. The subi has really tuff snow tires and i always have a spare, jack and tools. Anyways, on this road you will always find morons in SUV's fixing a flat. People just dont understand that new SUVs dont come with off road tires. They pop so easily. What is even worse is that these types of people dont slow down when you are coming the other way. I usually slow down to 20, but noooooo, they need to gun it past you and chip your windshield to hell. :mumble:

I always stop to help them change the flats though, usually they are moron tourists who rented a Durango for the day and were told to drive to Mackey because its 'beautiful', or they are going to the rodeo.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
Here in the Phoenix area, is the best place to shop for used 4x4's. The vast majority of the population are what I would consider "yuppies" who drive nice lifted pickups or SUVs. The thing is, NOBODY takes there vehicles off road. They are much to afraid of getting [earning] their Arizona pinstripes, which are hairline scratches along the sides of your vehicle from driving through spiny, woody, desert shrubs. So there are all these 4x4s driving around that have never left the pavement. It's ridicules.

I'm surrounded by ignorant, whiney, jackasses driving behemoth status symbols. Then again, I'm probably just jealous.

macko said:
Here in the Phoenix area, is the best place to shop for used 4x4's. The vast majority of the population are what I would consider "yuppies" who drive nice lifted pickups or SUVs. The thing is, NOBODY takes there vehicles off road. They are much to afraid of getting [earning] their Arizona pinstripes, which are hairline scratches along the sides of your vehicle from driving through spiny, woody, desert shrubs. So there are all these 4x4s driving around that have never left the pavement. It's ridicules.

I'm surrounded by ignorant, whiney, jackasses driving behemoth status symbols. Then again, I'm probably just jealous.
I did a wonderful drive north on Cave Creek Road once in the 80s driving a rental car - it barely survived the experience...

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
The fact that she said going over a curb and into some dirt would possibly damage her Land Cruiser is what pissed me off most, thats actually one of the few big suvs that can handle off roading.

Curb Hucker said:
...I tell her that she has a $50000 large suv made with off roading in mind and....
And surprisingly, you're low with the $50K estimate. As part of my business I hang out around new vehicles a lot ( hey, maybe someday I'll be able to actually afford one! :mumble: ), and the 'Cruiser I was in last week was stickered at $64K :eek: :dead:

IMHO, if you're going to drop that kind of poser coin, spring the extra $10K and get the Lexus LX. Same vehicle, more luxo-boat SUV comfort features, and a much higher Bling-factor. At sticker prices that high, I'm assuming someone would hardly notice $10K. I'll certainly never know.... :rolleyes:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Curb Hucker said:
The fact that she said going over a curb and into some dirt would possibly damage her Land Cruiser is what pissed me off most, thats actually one of the few big suvs that can handle off roading.
yo, what up Don ..... way to stick it to the man!

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Curb Hucker said:
I can understand being scared to take your H2 into some mud, but damn people like her shouldnt be allowed to buy Land Cruisers.
Sounds like you were just as much a yuppie a-hole too.

Too begin with, this has nothing to do with a Land Cruiser or expensive SUV. Would you have been complaining here if she drove an old car or truck? No.

Now, if you'd have attacked her character, I would have been there right with you. But instead, you had to make this a "I'm jealous of the world that has money, and therefore hate them because I can't afford what they have"

If you want to do something about it, go buy an expensive SUV. Come on, do you really think those new land cruisers are supposed to go off road? NO.

You may have had the last word, but in reality, she won the fight.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Ascentrek said:

Too begin with, this has nothing to do with a Land Cruiser or expensive SUV. Would you have been complaining here if she drove an old car or truck? No.

Now, if you'd have attacked her character, I would have been there right with you. But instead, you had to make this a "I'm jealous of the world that has money, and therefore hate them because I can't afford what they have"

If you want to do something about it, go buy an expensive SUV. Come on, do you really think those new land cruisers are supposed to go off road? NO.

L O F'ing L ... on too many levels here.
You obviously don't know the Don.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Ascentrek said:

bwaaaahahahahaha. your talking to don johnson. you do know what he drives right? hahahahahaa

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...lol - yeah man, that's not the point at all.

The fact that this women felt that the world revolved around her to the point where she could simply "will" 9 cars to back up down an entire crowded block is infuriating.

The fact that she was driving an S.U.V. (albeit a very luxurious one) and didn't want to pull OFF the ROAD into some mud for fear of "breaking" her vehicle is absurd.
(...and just adds insult to injury)

Spraying self-centered soccer-mom in her $64,000 Lilly-White Land Rover with mud:

Priceless.

We should all be so lucky.:D

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Ascentrek said:
Nope, not at all. Im much more of an arrogant prick.

Ascentrek said:
Would i have been complaining if it was a 1996 chevy suburban, yes. The point wasnt about what kind of car, but rather that there are way too many soccer moms who buy these huge SUVs and do not know how to drive them, and 90% of these SUV buyers would be fine with a sedan.

Ascentrek said:
Wow you just couldnt be more wrong, If i wanted an FJ100 LC I could have bought one instead of my D2.

Ascentrek said:
The FJ100 Land Cruiser is more off road capable than almost any of the large luxury SUVs out there. It may be big and fancy but toyota built it to still be able to handle off roading, it has 4low and a diff lock for a reason, unlike many of todays luxury SUVs.

Ascentrek said:
Think what you want, but shes the one covered in $hit.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Curb Hucker said:
The point wasnt about what kind of car, but rather that there are way too many soccer moms who buy these huge SUVs and do not know how to drive them, and 90% of these SUV buyers would be fine with a sedan.
I see so many people that just shouldn't be. Half of the people on this forum probably don't need the bike they have, but they do. You are extremely jealous of women that are ahead of life from where you are, and you're attacking what they drive? Grow up douche. You sound like a poor white college student that feels like they're owed something. I bet you've never driven your car/truck in the fashion it was intended.

Curb Hucker said:
Wow you just couldnt be more wrong, If i wanted an FJ100 LC I could have bought one instead of my D2..
I could buy a ferrari, but I don't. what's your point? and what is a D2?

Curb Hucker said:
The FJ100 Land Cruiser is more off road capable than almost any of the large luxury SUVs out there. It may be big and fancy but toyota built it to still be able to handle off roading, it has 4low and a diff lock for a reason, unlike many of todays luxury SUVs.
I see your point, but the FJ100 is a POS for off-road capabilities. The FJ80 was the last great offroader that Toyota built (Until that new thing comes out).

But seriously, the SUV market is not for offroad needs, its for room, space, and its the 'in thing'.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Ascentrek said:
I see so many people that just shouldn't be. Half of the people on this forum probably don't need the bike they have, but they do. You are extremely jealous of women that are ahead of life from where you are, and you're attacking what they drive? Grow up douche. You sound like a poor white college student that feels like they're owed something. I bet you've never driven your car/truck in the fashion it was intended.

I could buy a ferrari, but I don't. what's your point? and what is a D2?

I see your point, but the FJ100 is a POS for off-road capabilities. The FJ80 was the last great offroader that Toyota built (Until that new thing comes out).

But seriously, the SUV market is not for offroad needs, its for room, space, and its the 'in thing'.

He drives a land rover you chode.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
chicodude said:
He drives a land rover you chode.

uh huh. Okay. How was I to know that.

Does he 'USE IT'? Most of the people I see in those like to go mudding on the side of a street. I'll believe the hypocrit when i see it all banged up with serious rock sliders on it.

nice try.

BTW, she still wins. The toyota won't break down.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Ascentrek said:
uh huh. Okay. How was I to know that.

Does he 'USE IT'? Most of the people I see in those like to go mudding on the side of a street. I'll believe the hypocrit when i see it all banged up with serious rock sliders on it.

nice try.

BTW, she still wins. The toyota won't break down.
hahaha dude your digging your hole deeper and deeper. don is one person who uses his rover for its intended purpose. try to do a little research before "pwning" someone :nuts: