Quantcast

I hate work.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
manziman said:
It sucks and my boss is a dill-hole (for lack of free speech, that's the best word I could use).
Could we have a little more explination here. Why does work suck and why do you hate it? What does your boss do that makes him a "dill-hole"? Where do you work?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
Broken_Spoke said:
Could we have a little more explination here. Why does work suck and why do you hate it? What does your boss do that makes him a "dill-hole"? Where do you work?
so, I wrote that this morning on my way to work, so there wasn't much time. ok, I work in the shipping dept of a labor law poster publishing company (here )
aaaanyways, i got my hours cut from 35/wk to 12. it's kind of hard to live on $400/mo. seeing as my rent is $525..etc. I got my hours cut because i've been "distracting the other employees" That's kind of hard since I work in shipping which is 3 guys total and the business aspect of the office is on the second floor (we take up the whole first floor), so it's kind of hard to bug people. Also, he doesn't want to pay for my health insurance (20 work hours a week, min).
Friday was, well, typical friday, do nothing and can't wait to get out. so, I cut up a card board box, taped up a bunch of fedex labels and made a mini basketball hoop. When the owner came in for some odd reason, he saw it and lectured me about unprofessionalism and told me to write 10 things i've done wrong in the company.
i dunno, i'm just pissed at this company and need a new job. any monkeys need a good wrench turner?

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
SkaredShtles said:
Bull$hit. Some of the best times in my life were when I was unemployed.

Why don't you go out and ride? Take a road trip to Colorado if you've not anything else to do.

-S.S.-
Are you going to give me oney for this trip? Didn't think so.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
SkaredShtles said:
Hey - saving money for the lean times is *YOUR* job, fool.

Whenever I was unemployed I had *plenty* of money so that I could do Moab whenever I wanted, go skiing, etc.

-S.S.-
I havne't had a job sence August

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
manziman said:
so, I wrote that this morning on my way to work, so there wasn't much time. ok, I work in the shipping dept of a labor law poster publishing company (here )
aaaanyways, i got my hours cut from 35/wk to 12. it's kind of hard to live on $400/mo. seeing as my rent is $525..etc. I got my hours cut because i've been "distracting the other employees" That's kind of hard since I work in shipping which is 3 guys total and the business aspect of the office is on the second floor (we take up the whole first floor), so it's kind of hard to bug people. Also, he doesn't want to pay for my health insurance (20 work hours a week, min).
Friday was, well, typical friday, do nothing and can't wait to get out. so, I cut up a card board box, taped up a bunch of fedex labels and made a mini basketball hoop. When the owner came in for some odd reason, he saw it and lectured me about unprofessionalism and told me to write 10 things i've done wrong in the company.
i dunno, i'm just pissed at this company and need a new job. any monkeys need a good wrench turner?
So since you f*cked up, that place sucks, and you want to work full time and have benefits at some place where you can screw around and distract people.

Good luck.

Ok.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
SkaredShtles said:
Do you have a degree?

-S.S.-
no, no degree. Still in community college trying to figure myself out..ya know. i want to be a radio dj, but that's super hard to break into, especially in the bay area.

Broken_Spoke said:
I haven't been home I was at school
yea, i'm in school too, but trying to pay my way through life and lacking on the education.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
manziman said:
BTW, announcing where you work and posting a link in thread where you're bashing the place ain't too smart.

Like I said, good luck.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
manziman said:
no, no degree. Still in community college trying to figure myself out..ya know. i want to be a radio dj, but that's super hard to break into, especially in the bay area.
No. it's hard in places like South Dakota or Alaska, not the Bay Area. Check out broadcasting school, or courses at the community colleges. It's out there.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
H8R said:
So since you f*cked up, that place sucks, and you want to work full time and have benefits at some place where you can screw around and distract people.

Good luck.

Ok.
so, since i CAN'T interact with the other workers, i'm still trying to figure out how they can make that accusation.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
H8R said:
No. it's hard in places like South Dakota or Alaska, not the Bay Area. Check out broadcasting school, or courses at the community colleges. It's out there.
dude, look at SFSU. their broadcasting program is PACKED every semester. KVHS fills up immediately. it would be easy to get into SD or AK because nobody wants to be there and everyone wants to be in the bay area.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
manziman said:
I work in shipping which is 3 guys total
Maybe he was referring to the other 2 guys you work with in shipping? You know, the ones probably wondering why you're making basketball hoops out of shipping materials while they work?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Work construction. Plenty of work if your able bodied.

Your job is bad? My job is going to suck. I will have to clean an auto hanger filled with busses and lexus company SUV's. And the bathrooms. But, its the only job i felt like doing that paid semi Ok. 8.50 an hour, and i can work 40 hours a week. I dont care how bad my job is or how bad my summer is going to suck. As long as I get a car at the end of the summer I will be happy.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
manziman said:
dude, look at SFSU. their broadcasting program is PACKED every semester. KVHS fills up immediately. it would be easy to get into SD or AK because nobody wants to be there and everyone wants to be in the bay area.
It never ceases to amaze me how people whine about how things aren't handed to them on a silver platter. It's especially bad amongst teens and young adults.

-S.S.-

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
SkaredShtles said:
It never ceases to amaze me how people whine about how things aren't handed to them on a silver platter. It's especially bad amongst teens and young adults.

-S.S.-
no, that's not it, i bust my balls to get work and make ways and make things work. I have yet to have anything handed to me on a silver platter. I've worked my whole life and am just looking for a small break. hell, i'm offended you thought that. way to steriotype.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
manziman said:
no, that's not it, i bust my balls to get work and make ways and make things work. I have yet to have anything handed to me on a silver platter. I've worked my whole life and am just looking for a small break. hell, i'm offended you thought that. way to steriotype.
No. You're whining. Just go get another job. :nopity:

It's not rocket science, after all.

-S.S.-

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
SkaredShtles said:
No. You're whining. Just go get another job. :nopity:

It's not rocket science, after all.

-S.S.-
yea, i've been looking on CL to find a job that can match my school schedule and coaching schedule. not easy, but some sacrifices have to be made.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
manziman said:
yea, i've been looking on CL to find a job that can match my school schedule and coaching schedule. not easy, but some sacrifices have to be made.
Look for a job at school. That's where I found it easiest to match schedules...... I ended up working in a computer lab for 3-1/2 years whilst attending college. Great gig.

-S.S.-