Quantcast

I hate writing papers....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
here i am, 11pm, the day before a 10pg paper is due and i'm just now getting started. i procrastinate every paper i do and somehow maintain a 3.8-4.0 but this one is really pissing me off. i can BS a 2-5pg paper in about 30min to an hour but 10 pages is a lot of crap to talk about, especially when you're shooting from the hip on the topic.

oh well...i just popped a few of my caffeinated workout pills so i think i'll be ok for a bit.
at least i picked a good topic; how screwed up our juvenile justice system is :thumb:

......and i have to be in court at 8am to testify on some old cases and then turn the paper in later in the day. oh well, i guess i'd rather stress a lot for 2 days out of the semester than stress a little all year long :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
escapeartist said:
Hey, you have the same paper writing strategy I do! Put it off till the night before then get on RideMonkey!
werd....my wife doesn't understand why i wait 'till the last minute. i try to explain to her that a paper is like a speech, you can't just start/stop, start/stop...you have to do it in one big sit-down or, for me anyways, it doesn't make sense. so what better time to sit down and do it than when the pressure it on? heck, i just tell her to compare my gpa to hers when she was in COMMUNITY COLLEGE :p and that usually keeps her quiet :D it's hard enough on me to simply show up to an uber liberal journalistic college....especially when i'm on duty and in uniform and my backpack has a bunch of USMC stuff on it :D those kids love my "free israel" t-shirt :devil:

Ummbikes said:
I applaud you. I know how hard it is to work, go to school, husband, and parent.
thanks bro...but i think the burden is more on my wife than anything. she has to put up w/ the 3 kids while i'm working/going to school/working off duty job/working side-job........
gotta give her much props. i think i may have the better end of the deal, an hour w/ 3 ornary kids that need naps is harder on you than sitting in line at the DMV. :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
not whining about school....just my paper. heck, i actually make $1k per month going to school. get pell grant and federal perkins loan (no repayment on my part as long as i stay in law enforcement for 5 years :thumb: ) so all of my GI bill money goes straight to my pocket ;) i probably wouldn't be going if i didn't make money at it. i learned more about the real world in my 5 years of military service than any college/university could teach me. yeah, there's the interesting science tidbits and random history stuff...but the knowledge that really matters i gained from the military

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
side note: i know no one really cares that i'm finishing pages on my paper...posting it is just a way for me to take a quick break and feel a miniscule sense of accomplishment :D

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I'm still interested actually. I've been working on stuff for some time tonight also. Just finished about 5 pages (written). Its just outlining/looking stuff up though, not quite the same level of involvement.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
i lucked out and found an article right off the bat that pretty much hits on every point i was looking for in regards to my paper. so now i'm reading it for ideas, paraphrasing and then adding in some personal experiences in law enforcement to add words. i'm about half way through page 5 now and still have several good bullet points to discuss. i promised myself i'd quite at 2 am but that hour is fast approaching and i'm on a roll. either way, if i do stop for the night, i'm sure i'll have some time between cases tomorrow to finishe the remaining few pages. at least i'm more thatn 1/2 done now :done:

this is the artical that i'm referencing...good info if you're interested in juvenile law.
http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/juvjusp.htm#ESSAY

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
wow, maybe i should quit now...i just re-read my last post and noticed all of the grammatical and spelling errors. hope my paper doesn't look the same :eek: heck, i even tried to make a ":done:" smilie :confused:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
manimal said:
....now if i could only stop messing around on the :monkey:
Yeah, that's always the problem. You're a lot faster at writing than I am at 8 pages in less than four hours. I usually take a good 12 hours to get a 10 page research paper done, but then again I screw around on the monkey, AIM, etc...
What's your topic?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
done!!! man, i could've finished that in 2 hours if it wasn't for RM and chatting with people. aahhhh....now i just have to do my 30 minute before exam cram session for the final :thumb:

man...i hope the judge is exciting in court 'cause 3.5 hours of sleep isn't going to cut it :dead:

mmkay monkeys...i'm off to bed.