Quantcast

I Hate...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
The fact that the owners of the company I work at feel the need to have some PC slob install spyware on the Macs in the creative department tonight. Sure, it's easy to disable, but these people who don't even know what a forum/blog/newsgroup, etc. is, yet when they needed a crapload of hits on a YouTube vid and while coworkers were sending emails to their 7 or so family members for hits, I took it to the Monkey and you guys owned it. :cheers:

But God forbid I check in during the day on RM.

I'm thinking Portland. Anyone need a graphic designer up there?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Someone once told me that if I wasn't a metalsmith that I would have been a comedian or a famous criminal.

At one point I thought of dropping out of art school to go to culinary school.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Someone once told me that if I wasn't a metalsmith that I would have been a comedian or a famous criminal.

:cheers:

I've also considered each of those paths, but they all require more work than a company just leaving me alone to think and design which equates to their BMW and Corvette payments being made.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!

Why?

Sick riding, met some great people/riders in the last 10 years who don't whine about the heat and downtown PHX is a ghost town on the weekends so most of the street riding is hassle free.

I've had a pretty great experience here.

Winter's coming. Where else is there for riding?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sounds about right. 405 is a parking lot pretty much 24/7. There's a few hours overnight that are tolerable.

What part of LA are you staying in? I'm just south of LAX, I know a few tolerable bars in the area.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
sounds about right. 405 is a parking lot pretty much 24/7. There's a few hours overnight that are tolerable.

What part of LA are you staying in? I'm just south of LAX, I know a few tolerable bars in the area.
I'm at Sunset & 405 this time around. Sometimes I stay at the Travel Lodge on Pico in Santa Monica. We'll have to get together to see who can drink more beer.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
gotcha. Hollywood is like an hour from me if there's traffic.
So...that's like 2 blocks?

Wife and I would like to sell everything we own buy an RV travel to a beach somewhere or until the RV dies and set up shop and live like bums.

I wanted to be an archeologist or marine biologist when I was a kid.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Why?

Sick riding, met some great people/riders in the last 10 years who don't whine about the heat and downtown PHX is a ghost town on the weekends so most of the street riding is hassle free.

I've had a pretty great experience here.

Winter's coming. Where else is there for riding?

When I lived there myself, I liked the riding, I didnt mind the heat, I just didnt like the city itself, too many people from too many different places usually added up to too many stupid little problems. Hated getting my car broken into once a month hated hearing gunshots all the time.....

But then again, I lived on the complte other side than you do. I defently liked your side better.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
What's keeping you from leaving the US altogether? Cairns, Melbourne, Singapore, KL, London, HK I'd all personally have no trouble living in.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
What's keeping you from leaving the US altogether? Cairns, Melbourne, Singapore, KL, London, HK I'd all personally have no trouble living in.
These little things called visas are the reason I don't live abroad. Since the evil empire makes it so hard for you guys to come and visit here (much less live/work) then the rest of the world pretty much returns the favor to us.

Last I went thru customs coming back from South America I couldn't believe all the crap that visitors had to go thru. Digital fingerprints and extremely confusing forms were only the tip of the iceberg. :crazy:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
These little things called visas are the reason I don't live abroad. Since the evil empire makes it so hard for you guys to come and visit here (much less live/work) then the rest of the world pretty much returns the favor to us.

Last I went thru customs coming back from South America I couldn't believe all the crap that visitors had to go thru. Digital fingerprints and extremely confusing forms were only the tip of the iceberg. :crazy:
I think in Stinky's line of work these problems are lessened as companies are willing to go to great lengths to first get and then keep the right people. It's fairly easy for professional type Americans to live in Australia for example.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I think in Stinky's line of work these problems are lessened as companies are willing to go to great lengths to first get and then keep the right people. It's fairly easy for professional type Americans to live in Australia for example.
That's true. I actually looked into moving to Australia after I spent 3 months there but the type of careers that they needed to sponsor were all very specific. I ended up getting a year long work visa for NZ but I had to come back slightly before it ended. I think the max in Australia for US Citizens is (without being sponsored) is 4 months and you have to get really lucky.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i HATE my ex gf!!! to the point where i wish only the worst of luck on her for everything and anything she does for the rest of her cheating, whore life!! to the point where when she has kids, if she even can, that they come out messed up both physically and mentally. i want her to suffer mental and emotional anguish like i have been for the last few months. yes, what i just said is really mean, but that's how much i hate her!!! and i do plan on telling her this in person just so i can see her reaction. hopefully i'll be able to record it on my camera so i can show my friends!!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
i HATE my ex gf!!! to the point where i wish only the worst of luck on her for everything and anything she does for the rest of her cheating, whore life!! to the point where when she has kids, if she even can, that they come out messed up both physically and mentally. i want her to suffer mental and emotional anguish like i have been for the last few months. yes, what i just said is really mean, but that's how much i hate her!!! and i do plan on telling her this in person just so i can see her reaction. hopefully i'll be able to record it on my camera so i can show my friends!!
Whoa dude...

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
so does this mean she's single?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

she sounds HOT!

pedalkicker

Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
earth

:cheers:

I've also considered each of those paths, but they all require more work than a company just leaving me alone to think and design which equates to their BMW and Corvette payments being made.
Ha, a pastry chef! I keep telling u STINKYVISION when u gonna figure it out, actor?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
thanks SkinnyMike and Brungeman, i needed the laugh!!! sorry but she's already has her "soulmate". she's been cheating on me for a year and i never suspected it. ends up being a guy she works with. and no she isn't hot, at this point i'd say she's easy, but not hot. and now that i know what i know, i look at her in a totally different light, and i just cant stand to look at her, and i know i would never touch her again.

oh, thanks to you too IAB for the smiley thingies. it will all be over soon and i cant wait to tell her i know all about her affair!!! MUHAAAHAAHAAAAA!!!!!