Quantcast

i have a big dent i my frame...

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
i have a 1.5" diameter, 1/4-1/2" deep dent in the down tube of my P.2 frame,

is this gonna be a problem or is it no big deal, ive nvr really gotten big dents before...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That sounds like a pretty good sized one.

The stresses of a downtube are generally in tension instead of compression, so typically, that's one of the few places you can get a dent where it won't hurt the structure of the frame, unless you whacked it hard enough to actually damage the metal.

Obviously, no dents is better but I'd say ride it.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
if you are still have time on your warrenty i would send it in if it is bad they will fix it and if they don't then you know that it wasn't important and you can ride on it

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Adam Novatt said:
if you are still have time on your warrenty i would send it in if it is bad they will fix it and if they don't then you know that it wasn't important and you can ride on it
hahaha! you obviously dont know Formermtnboarder. His warranty was voided the day he bought it. If bike companies were to have a blacklist of people who they refused to warranty because they'd seen them ride and Former would be numero uno on that list.

The best part of this is that he KNOWS this is a compliment

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Adam Novatt said:
Uhh, warrenties don't cover bashing your bike into solid objects...

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
binary visions said:
Uhh, warrenties don't cover bashing your bike into solid objects...
That's BS, it's effing mountain biking!! Bike companies should design bikes that don't dent, I mean there are rocks and stuff out there.

:D :D

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
lol, warranties are for defects man, not beating the **** out of the bikes. I always figure anything i get warrantied that i break from use is just lucky. They expected people who ride hard to know that.
________
Weed

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
escapeartist said:
hahaha! you obviously dont know Formermtnboarder. His warranty was voided the day he bought it. If bike companies were to have a blacklist of people who they refused to warranty because they'd seen them ride and Former would be numero uno on that list.

The best part of this is that he KNOWS this is a compliment
im smilin all over dawg :p