The Cleft of Venus
:)

Meet the Mojito!

6 fresh mint sprigs
1 oz. lime juice
3/4 oz. simple syrup
2 oz. light rum
Lime wedge

Crush 5 mint sprigs into the bottom of a chilled highball glass. Pour in lime juice, simple syrup, and rum. Fill glass with crushed ice. Garnish with lime wedge and remaining mint sprig. Sometimes a splash of club soda is added.

Guide: http://www.bacardimojito.com/features/mojito_recipe_02.htm

"A man does not exist until he is drunk." - Hemingway

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
did mojitos finally arrive in shreveport?

N8, you do realize that ronald reagan's no longer in office, right?

N8 probably has been drinking them since the Reagan era, just sobered up enough today to realize what they were called.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
not as dangerous as caipirinhas

When I was in Sao Paulo for work the only meal we had to actually purchase was dinner. All of us would just leave the $40 that was our per diem even if the bill was much lower. The waiters at the mom and pop churrascaria we frequented often walked away with 200% tips. They started serving us caipirinhas in 20 oz beer glasses, talk about dangerous.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
When I was in Sao Paulo for work the only meal we had to actually purchase was dinner. All of us would just leave the $40 that was our per diem even if the bill was much lower. The waiters at the mom and pop churrascaria we frequented often walked away with 200% tips. They started serving us caipirinhas in 20 oz beer glasses, talk about dangerous.
dang... i am gonna have to try to make those..

http://www.caipirinha.us/Checkage.baneer2.asp

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005

Meet the Mojito!

6 fresh mint sprigs
1 oz. lime juice
3/4 oz. simple syrup
2 oz. light rum
Lime wedge

Crush 5 mint sprigs into the bottom of a chilled highball glass. Pour in lime juice, simple syrup, and rum. Fill glass with crushed ice. Garnish with lime wedge and remaining mint sprig. Sometimes a splash of club soda is added.

Guide: http://www.bacardimojito.com/features/mojito_recipe_02.htm

"A man does not exist until he is drunk." - Hemingway
get drunk on this, sounds like one bad hangover

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Ok, bragging rights: I went to Cuba in 2000 and drank mojitos in pretty much all the famous bars in Havana, including La Bodeguita, Floridita, etc. Great stuff, only problem was that many places don't have ice.

Bodeguita is a tiny place with hand writing on the walls from all kinds of random famous people. Hemingway's up there, wrote something like "Mi mojito en La Bodeguita y mi daquiri en Floridita."

But uh yeah, good job N8...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Ok, bragging rights: I went to Cuba in 2000 and drank mojitos in pretty much all the famous bars in Havana, including La Bodeguita, Floridita, etc. Great stuff, only problem was that many places don't have ice.

Bodeguita is a tiny place with hand writing on the walls from all kinds of random famous people. Hemingway's up there, wrote something like "Mi mojito en La Bodeguita y mi daquiri en Floridita."

I was in Cuba for a brief spell, but on the proper side of the mine field from Havana.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto

um, now that you've told the world that you, as an American, went to Cuba, don't the FBI have to kick in your door and take you away with a bag over your head, fine you a bunch of cash and rescind your passport?

Being a Canuck, i'm pretty lassaiz faire about it all, but just asking...

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH

Meet the Mojito!

6 fresh mint sprigs
1 oz. lime juice
3/4 oz. simple syrup
2 oz. light rum
Lime wedge
My wife and I were at a restaurant this summer and she ordered a Mojito and they served it with small cut pieces of cucumbers in it. You wouldn't think it would go well together, but it was so refreshing. Awesome! A great drink for the summer and warm weather. I've got a nice Apple Mint plant ready to give up some leaves for these babies.

toby

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
hah! my dad made mojitos with that same recipe on new years. i tried his and i must say, it's not bad. he finally got around to making them after watching miami vice...

i'm personally a fan of amaretto sours. i would like to try whiskey sours sometime as well.