Quantcast

I have a paintball gun for bears.............

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Had my second bear sighting of the summer this morning. Just a little guy, and was running away from me down the trail, but that was a bit unnerving...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nawp.... It just found the hidden front door key for Syndasti's place.
Poor guy no wonder we haven't seen him in ages..... He never saw it coming. :cray:
I find it somewhat hilarious that despite years of confrontations ona subjects, bear facts are what chased syadasti away.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I chased a small one out of yard this week. Mama was close by. My neighbors saw them running up the mountain after i sent them running.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
A bear broke into our Idaho neighbor’s house twice last week. They set up a trap after the first time, but the second time was at two in the morning, so our neighbor shot it in the kitchen.
It’s the Wild West out here.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A bear broke into our Idaho neighbor’s house twice last week. They set up a trap after the first time, but the second time was at two in the morning, so our neighbor shot it in the kitchen.

Sounds like an unbearable situation

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Yes, I was specifically referring to the Idaho side, where I still consider myself a resident. I will retire back over there as soon as possible...Jackson is temporary.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
how often do you see waves of 30-50 feral hogs?

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Dead cows and hyperphagia is no joke.

In recent history there have been several Hunter casualties up in THAT drainage and it's had a long-standing reputation as a place where the bears DGAF.

Unfortunately it is also home to "perhaps" the best quasi-shuttleable downhill in this corner of MT.

Goups of 4+ strongly encouraged, but I think I'll just try again next year.

I already have enough to worry about in the Centennials, and hopefully a few new to me segments of CDT this "fall"

Top 5 SWMT ride:

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Given how often the hunters win, I like to see the animals win every once and a while.