Quantcast

I have a paintball gun for bears.............

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They say it depends on what the bear's diet is, which in turn has to do with where the bear lives. Berries and health food shit vs. paintballers and mountain bikers.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I had to pop a pair of cubs in the butt like 3 times last night. I don't usually have to actually shoot them, the noise and shooting near them is usually enough. Little guys gave zero fucks. Not a good sign. I have a polka dot rear fence now.

Tis the season. It cooled off and they're going nuts in the neighborhoods.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
jp.JPG

Oh look. More people who have no idea how bears work.

What part about not wanting to shoot at them did you not read?
JBP: The point of the paintball gun is to get them afraid of humans, and houses. Because if that doesn't happen they start breaking INTO houses. Once that happens, fish and game come over and KILL them. This dipshit that lives across the street from me has already been responsible for one bear death since I've lived in this neighborhood. Because she's a moron and would actually leave food out for them. Then exactly the scenario I describe happened.

Like I said, the point is not to shoot bears with a paintball gun. It's to save their lives. I've lived with bears for 20 years. I'm familiar with the system. For fucks sake, this place regularly makes national news with bear activity. I live here partly because I like nature, not shooting at it.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
View attachment 137769

JBP: The point of the paintball gun is to get them afraid of humans, and houses. Because if that doesn't happen they start breaking INTO houses. Once that happens, fish and game come over and KILL them. This dipshit that lives across the street from me has already been responsible for one bear death since I've lived in this neighborhood. Because she's a moron and would actually leave food out for them. Then exactly the scenario I describe happened.

Like I said, the point is not to shoot bears with a paintball gun. It's to save their lives. I've lived with bears for 20 years. I'm familiar with the system. For fucks sake, this place regularly makes national news with bear activity. I live here partly because I like nature, not shooting at it.
What if the bear was wearing a Fanny pack, you'd want to shoot it then wouldn't you?

View attachment 137769

Sorry, didn't remember the start of the topic...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah that’s big for a black, placer county has some pretty rugged and remote places though.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
That bear didn't get fat in rugged places. That there is truly an 'Merican Bear. I assume he hopped on a mobility scooter for the get away.
And stopped by Walgreen's to get his diabetes medication.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
We have bears at the camp. Clang a pot and a pan and they will runoff. It's the raccoons who ride in at night and just say fuck you. We are coming in and eating your food, your garbage, and terrorizing your pets.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We have bears at the camp. Clang a pot and a pan and they will runoff. It's the raccoons who ride in at night and just say fuck you. We are coming in and eating your food, your garbage, and terrorizing your pets.
70FCDF11-5CDC-42A3-A8F8-4FF0140F56F2.jpeg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Black bears without cubs I can deal with. momma with a cub or two will kill you if you get in the middle

I was fly fishing on the Snake in Grand Teton when I heard something really large behind me in the thicket. Never pulled out bear spray so damn fast in my life and quickly got my ass out of dodge. two days later on Jackson lake I was waist deep fly fishing when over a PA from the road I hear "fisherman: bear with cubs on trail between you and us" Again bearspray out safety off, shorts about to be dirty and I watched the momma griz and two cubs cruise by on the shore line.

I'll take black bears any day