Quantcast

I have a single speed now

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Latest commuter. First SS since I was a child. Chameleon with a heavy ass On One rigid. It's fun. Now if I just had a minute to ride it...

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Yeah. I've been acquiring parts for over a year now. Finally had the wheel built last weekend. I think I should have gone for a large frame since this bike will most likely never go off road, but I'll adapt. Definitely going to get a longer stem. Surprisingly light with the exception of the fork and those pedals. Took me a few minutes to remember how to set-up V-brakes.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Tame Ape said:
You're not the only one to say that. :hot:
Are you saying that the shop customers are feeling overcharged? (I won't tell em). It's cool, I'm not a bro of the shop yet, I was just a bit shocked when I got the bill. When I add up the rim and the hub (and they weren't expensive), the build, nipples (brass) DT comp spokes and the freewheel.....I could have had a King and a whitebros.

The bike is quick though for sure. Takes no time to get going and just cruises near spin out rate. Will was right about the 42-17 gearing for this flat ass city landscape.